Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Can anyone anser a question about a beak problem with a Lady Gouldian?

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  StarlingWings 
#1 ·
I have a Lady Gouldian finch that has a beak that is longer than usual. It seems there is a whitish cover on the beak, too. It has been that way for a long time and I don't know if that is actually the beak and the longer part is growing out from underneath it.
I will take a picture and get it posted as I know my description is really not very good!
Thank you!

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies, to my very limited question with NO picture!! :eek: I will be going out to the vets home tomorrow and WILL remember to take my camera!! I am hoping to get a decent picture, but can't find my "good" camera!! I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Discussion starter · #12 ·
What I have read and pictures I have seen, I didn't think it was scaly face or mites, either! i'll check further!! Thank you so much!

Sadly, the vet they (veteran's home) use doesn't really know anything about birds. I may see about taking him to a vet that HAS dealt with birds. She left her practice and is doing wildlife rescue, so I don't know if she would be available or not. I can find one elsewhere, tho', too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.