Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently saw a thread talking about rainbow budgies and the pictures on the website looked like my bird birdd(her name) im wondering if she is a rainbow budgie. i dont know anything about mutations but i've never had or seen any bird that looked like my baby birdd. :] thanks.

this is birdd

birdd with her friends.

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
Your budgie looks to be a yellow face type 2 opaline sky blue which is different than rainbow :)
There could be other mutations there as well, but I probably missed them :p

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
i would say yellow face 2 skyblue opaline greywing. nearly a rainbow, but she would need to be clearwing not greywing...

her parents could have been many mixes of these varieties, and possibly others too...

G

·
The wing patterns look patchy and brown to me. There is cinnamon gene present in the budgie. I believe Birdd is a yellow face type2 skyblue opaline cinnamon.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Type 2 yellow face opaline greywing sky blue. (cinnamon is a possibility) I think the patchiness will disappear when she has finished her moult

A rainbow is a yellow face opaline clearwing blue. (Any yellow face type and any shade of blue). The clearwing gene (or whitewing as it used to be called) would give the bird a much brighter body colour and the cheek patches would be bright violet

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.