Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read that budgies are lactose intolerant.does that mean lactose free products are ok for them?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I know my conure goes nuts over lactose free milk. But I only let her have a sip or two.Ive read somewhere that regardless of the type of milk they dont digest it.
Maybe someone knows for sure here.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Try sugar-free almond milk. You can buy it at the store or you could make it yourself out of organic almonds and nice clean water. It's a good way to ensure your birds are getting enough calcium.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I actually recommend that all my clients get off milk. We are the only species that drinks the milk of another species and in spite of all the wonderful marketing with hollywood stars promoting milk, we don't actually absorb the calcium very well. Once clients get off milk they feel much better with much less or no congestion. I would skip the milk entirely. If you want to see how you would react, eliminate all milk products from your diet for 2 weeks and then have a glass and see in the next few days following if you are more congested or have other issues. I don't see any benefit to giving birds milk.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.