Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what got me thinking. but anyway. I was wondering if a female. ( not the normal green or blue. like the femals that have any mutatoin that affects here cere color.)

can have other colors then the normal colors. ( like tan, pink, or something to that affect) like blue. purple, or dark colors? like i know my pied male he has allot of colors on his cere. like purple, blue, white, pink. perl. can a female have that as well? how can you tell if they do have those different colors. if it's female? isn't it like a white ring around the nose?

sorry it's confusing. I know what i want to say. but i cannot word it in the way i want to.:eek:

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Females start out with a pale pinkish color cere when they're babies then as they mature they turn a chalky white, then gradually turn tan, brown, dark brown etc

Females never have pure blue ceres They can have Light blue on their cere but it is Mainly white or brownish color with just a Tinge of blue usually around the base of the cere (where the cere meets the beak) They'd never have an all blue cere like the boys do

If a Male had a blue cere and it turned brown - that means he has cancer

Hopefully that makes sense

·
Eternal Love
11,537 Posts
If a Male had a blue cere and it turned brown - that means he has cancer
I have to disagree about a brown cere on a male means cancer.
Yes it is an idication but there are other reasons such as ..

-a males cere will turn brown in SOME cases to show that he is not a threat to other males ( LOL kinda like they are chickening out before something starts )

- in some cases its just a hormonal imbalance .

As for the female ATV is correct ^_^

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
I have never in my life Heard their cere will change to "chicken out"
sorry but that sounds like a load of bologna

yes imbalance but 90% or more of the causes for a males blue cere to turn brown is cancer

·
Eternal Love
11,537 Posts
I have never in my life Heard their cere will change to "chicken out"
sorry but that sounds like a load of bologna

yes imbalance but 90% or more of the causes for a males blue cere to turn brown is cancer
I learnt it from Robin a year or so ago :XD: I think its plausible.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Most females ceres look like this:

A pale blue with white around the nostrils. I wouldn't say that females have pink ceres unless maybe they are extremely young as in still in the nestbox.

There are of course exceptions to the blue and white cere but I'm sure someone will come along to explain these :) as I'm not too clued up on them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.