Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
the iris is not fully developed... not fully white but not fully grey between grey and white :))= the pet store told me that he is 6 months old... i am not sure...
He looks like he has the same iris as many of my mature budgies, some never get a stark white iris :) but you are a better judge than me as you can see him in person, he could be closer to 9 and 12 months if it changes further.

Does he have a leg band on? Most pet stores have no idea how old their budgies, are so I would take their opinion with a grain of salt :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

He looks like he has the same iris as many of my mature budgies, some never get a stark white iris :) but you are a better judge than me as you can see him in person, he could be closer to 9 and 12 months if it changes further.

Does he have a leg band on? Most pet stores have no idea how old their budgies, are so I would take their opinion with a grain of salt :)
he has no ring on his leg... today i am going to give him back... thanks alot

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why are you going to give hom back? Just asking.
because the pet store lied to me . maybe he didint know his age either i want to make them parents with my other budgie i am afraid if he is too old he cant give me little budgies... i loved him very very much but i want to make him parents can i make him parents with my little budgie she is 5-6 months old... (sorry for bad english)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
because the pet store lied to me . maybe he didint know his age either i want to make them parents with my other budgie i am afraid if he is too old he cant give me little budgies... i loved him very very much but i want to make him parents can i make him parents with my little budgie she is 5-6 months old... (sorry for bad english)
You could have him raise babies with a proper aged female in Breeding Condition.

He doesn't look like he's more than 2 years old...he can raise babies.

Your female should be 12 months old before you can breed her...5-6 months is too young to be having babies.

And most pet stores have no knowledge about properly telling the age or the gender of any animal...that doesn't mean the animals are bad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.