Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Mum is a Sky blue cinnamon spangle or at least I believe she is

this is mum

These are 3 of the 4 babies are these 3 guys sky blue cin spangles too?? (4th chick is green opaline just like dad)

please forgive the formula faces LOL

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
the last two are yellow face type II sky blue spangles, the first one looks like a yellow face type I (which means the yellow isn't throughout the body as well) but it's kind of hard to tell. I don't think cinnamon. Very cute babies! :)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jill ......I never thought Mum had cinnamon but someone else was convinced thanks for helping xxxx

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hi ....at this point I am going to say they are all YF type 1 as there is no yellow spreading at this age but if it dose then type 2...First is spangle yf 1 sky... second and third yf 1 cobalts buy the cheek patches....Yes the last two are possible Type 2
Regards

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I think they are all YF II - I think I can see yellow spreading in each bird. Also I can't see the cinnamon! I also think 2 and 3 might be cobalts - or maybe it is just the pics? Although the babies isn't cinnamon it doesn't mean that the men can't be cinnamon. For her to get cinnamon babies dad must have the cinnamon gene as well. So if he doesn't, she can be cinnamon.
Lovely babies!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys for your help I have got to say now they are a bit older the yellow is almost gone so I am floating around YF 1 however odd question but if it goes completely does that mean they are not YF at all ??

new pics coming

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Mum and Dad......... I think Mum is Sky Blue Spangle (no cinnamon) and Dad is Dark Green (maybe olive) opaline please correct me if I am wrong

Chick 1 .....

Chick 2 ...Olive Opaline ??

Chick 3

Chick 4

As you can see the yellow has faded and is only in the tail and face now !

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mum also has Dilution methinks. maybe also chick 1 :D
I think chick 2 has one dark factor
chick 1 3 and 4 are all spangles.

btw. beautiful yellow faces! I'm jealous! I have none.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mum also has Dilution methinks. maybe also chick 1 :D
I think chick 2 has one dark factor
chick 1 3 and 4 are all spangles.

btw. beautiful yellow faces! I'm jealous! I have none.
Thank you very much I love the yellow faces I have a cobalt yellow face and a grey yellow face too xx

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Dad is opaline so that chick that's opaline should be a female. You can't get olives and skies from an olive and a sky (you'd only get cobalts and dark greens). Dad sure looks olive to me and those babies sure look like sky blues but that's not possible. So either dad is a dark green and mom is a cobalt (with some sort of dilution gene - dilute, greywing, etc) and all three colors or possible or dad is a dark green (as well as the green chick) and mom is a sky. I must say I am a bit confused on mom's mutation and would love to see more photos. Is this pair separated from all your other birds? In their own cage by themselves?

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Also, your male is, seemingly, split to YF1 blue OR your hen is a DF YF type 1 as all the blue chicks are YF. To know for sure, you'd need to breed dad to a normal (non YF blue hen) and/or breed mom to a male that doesn't have YF and see which new pair gives you the YF babies.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dad is opaline so that chick that's opaline should be a female. You can't get olives and skies from an olive and a sky (you'd only get cobalts and dark greens). Dad sure looks olive to me and those babies sure look like sky blues but that's not possible. So either dad is a dark green and mom is a cobalt (with some sort of dilution gene - dilute, greywing, etc) and all three colors or possible or dad is a dark green (as well as the green chick) and mom is a sky. I must say I am a bit confused on mom's mutation and would love to see more photos. Is this pair separated from all your other birds? In their own cage by themselves?
The Opaline chick is female 2 of the chicks are cobalts one is sky blue and yes this pair were in a cage of their own I am very confused aswell LOL I will find more pics of Mum and Dad

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is that how Opaline works? If the dad is opaline all opaline chicks will be female ??

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts

Is that how Opaline works? If the dad is opaline all opaline chicks will be female ??
Yes. If the mom is not visually opaline, she doesn't have a copy of the opaline gene. Males can be split to opaline (1 copy of opaline) or be opaline (2 copies). When an opaline male is mated with a non opaline hen, any visually opaline chicks will be female. All male chicks will be split to opaline.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
To me chicks 1,3 and 4 all look the same shade of blue. I am looking from my iPhone though...
Yes they did very much look sky and may still be but if u look at 2 next to each other the blues look different now , in the morning I wll try and post upto date natural light pictures.

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts

Yes they did very much look sky and may still be but if u look at 2 next to each other the blues look different now , in the morning I wll try and post upto date natural light pictures.
It's possible they're all skies and the darker ones have violet factor.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
As you can see they didn't co-operate to have the picture taken this was last week but you can see the different blues I am gonna make it my mission to get good photos of everyone today wish me luck LOL

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.