Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, i have buddy and sunny.. i dont know anything about mutations..

but i do know that the gender thing can change.. so if someone could tell me their gender and their mutation that would be very much appreciated :)

there ya go! :)

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh and that orange toy needs a cleaning sorry! please ignore it! i was gone for a few days at my nanas.. and during that time they had just pooped on it.. sorry! im planning on cleaning that tomorrow :giggle:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Both are pieds:) But we need a shot of their backs:eek:
Sunny is female and buddy male:)
thankyou! thats what i thought but i wasnt sure.. when they try to mate is it common for the boy to go ontop of the girl? :eek: i always thought the female was on top.. only because buddy was ontop the other day but i had to break them up..
and i'll try to get a back shot tomorrow.. they're not moving tonight lol :giggle:

I'm no good with mutations, but the yellow looks like a girl and the green a boy. Very pretty pair. :)
thankyou! thanks so much for your reply! i thought that but now im sure :)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Sunny is a Recessive pied, green female. Is the patter on her wings brown or black? If it's brown she is also cinnamon. Buddy is a dominant pied, green male. Very nice pair. If they had chicks you would get...
50% Normals
50% Dominant pied
No recessive pieds unless Buddy is split for it.
100% greens unless both birds are split for blue. You may also have some surprise mutations.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sunny is a Recessive pied, green female. Is the patter on her wings brown or black? If it's brown she is also cinnamon. Buddy is a dominant pied, green male. Very nice pair. If they had chicks you would get...
50% Normals
50% Dominant pied
No recessive pieds unless Buddy is split for it.
100% greens unless both birds are split for blue. You may also have some surprise mutations.
WOW . :eek:

im shocked that you would know all of this! your a wonder woman! thankyou so much karma coming your way ;)

I will be posting a picture of their backs, just to make sure :) so if your not sure, please check back for a picture! :) much appreciated... thankyou!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Sunny is a Cinnamon Recessive Pied Olive Female.

Buddy is a Single Factor Dominant Pied Light Green Male.

I could be wrong about the Olive and the Light Green, but that' how they seem in those pictures.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sunny is a Cinnamon Recessive Pied Olive Female.

Buddy is a Single Factor Dominant Pied Light Green Male.

I could be wrong about the Olive and the Light Green, but that' how they seem in those pictures.
i dont think sunny is a cinnamon.. her wings do look a little black but not brown :)

i took them with my ipod. so im going to try and get clearer pictures with my camera and then post then among with this thread, or just make a new thread :)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
i dont think sunny is a cinnamon.. her wings do look a little black but not brown :)

i took them with my ipod. so im going to try and get clearer pictures with my camera and then post then among with this thread, or just make a new thread :)
That's possible but it does look brown in that photo.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's possible but it does look brown in that photo.
:) okay then, it does look a little brown! you're right! but in person it looks more of a black too me.. :rolleyes:

i will take a few snaps with my camera... then we can get a better look at my pair

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.