Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can some one let me know what colour my baby budgies going to be and if its a special mutation? I would also like to know what other people look for in there budgies or what ones they think are rare or special ( colour, mutations, wing patterns etc)

Attachments

·
Member of the Month August 2013
5,121 Posts
Recessive pied, it should have a patch of colour on its tummy to identify the base colour.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think it's starting to get blue around the tail but I haven't seen any markings yet on the tummy

Thank for all your replies can I ask what type of mutations you look for when breeding your budgies

I have an updated pic of what it looks like now but I couldn't get one of tummy it has white feathers with shadings of yellow and is starting to get blue above the tail he also looks like the tail is going to be yellow.

Attachments

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
I agree, you have a recessive pied there :) If this is the same baby as in the other posts he looks like a cobalt. Is there yellow on head and body? It looks like he might just have a bit of a dirty tail from what I can see, unless the pics do not show the rest of the yellow well.

·
Registered
124 Posts
It has white yellow and now got blue markings. It has the yellow and black barring they get on head

Here is another picture

This is the tummy

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.