Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Administrator
55,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, Everybudgie!!

We need some happy, light-hearted threads to perk things up around here. :D Who's up for that?

I have a challenge for you and I'm interested to see who can do it...

I'd like you to post in this thread: what ONE thing (out of all the wonderful things) does your budgie do that ALWAYS makes you smile.

A BIG part of the challenge is to come up with ONE thing and not list multiples. as we all know our budgies do SO many great things. :D

I'll go first

Skipper flys over, lands on my chair looks at me and says very clearly in his adorable little budgie voice. "Hi! Whatcha doin'?!"

·
Registered
539 Posts
That's cute, Deb...Ygritte stands on her perch and places one foot on the plastic chain, then she tries to put the other one there - instead she twirls around and around, while becoming annoyed with herself...but, she keeps on trying lol:)

·
Registered
524 Posts
Great thread Deborah!

Skipper flys over, lands on my chair looks at me and says very clearly in his adorable little budgie voice. "Hi! Whatcha doin'?!"
Awwwwwwww, that is SO cute! I can't wait till we get to that level of interaction.

Ygritte stands on her perch and places one foot on the plastic chain, then she tries to put the other one there - instead she twirls around and around, while becoming annoyed with herself...but, she keeps on trying lol:)
LOL. I'd love to meet her :)

My turn:

Clouds has become used to his winter grasses brought fresh from the garden every morning. For the last few days whenever I have failed to deliver before 10-ish, he shouts a series of sharp little screeches while flapping around angrily. Just so that I know what he thinks about timeliness.

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,788 Posts
When I check on all my birdies in the morning, no matter what Luigi is doing, even if he is courting his mate Goldilocks, he immediately stops and comes close to me and will either say "Hello" or his name to me while he bobs his head and entire body! It's the cutest thing ever. :)
He also does the same thing whenever I pass by his cage or even when I'm giving attention to Leonel, Peppy or the other budgies.
Luigi is without a doubt the life of the party! :D

·
Registered
37,562 Posts
What a huge list of awesomeness (is that a word) are we going to end up with here I wonder ?

OK: Picture this: It is bed time for the budgies, Budget is in his cage already as I have to place him in before we eat or I am sharing whatever is on my plate ! I go over o his cage , he promptly climbs up onto the top of the cage hangs using his little beak and feet so he is horizontal then I have to proceed to HUFF on his tummy , I kid you not, and do I love it? :eek::eek: YES.
My life is so much more fun and love since this little guy entered .:budgie::budgie:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Agree, this is a great 'post subject'...love reading about all out wonderful, funny little ones, that enhance our lives so much :D

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
After I uncover their cage in the morning and sing their good morning song, Sweetie will get all puffed up in that excited happy budgie way and just sing his little heart out for a good hour or so, he's just so happy to be alive and it's morning and everything is wonderful!!!

After breakfast I will come over and ask the budgies how they are doing, and Lemon will have a 'very serious' conversation with me when I ask about her dreams.
Me: Lemon, what did you dream about last night?
Lemon: Cheep. Cheep ch-cheep, peep peep chirp PEEP! Cheep, ch-ch-cheep!!
Me: Oh really? That's strange. Then what happened?
Lemon: PEEP! Chirp cheep chiiiiiiiirp PEEP PEEP!!
Me: You don't say!
Lemon: CHEEP PEEP!!
and so on for a good ten minutes. Hahahahahaha

·
Member of the Month August 2015
1,633 Posts
When the birds are getting ready for bed, I usually give them just a few bites of millet from my hand. As you might guess, they love this and eagerly eat from my hand. Now.. Queen Lemony has this ritual. I present the millet. She pretends not to want it. I slowly move my hand away and she places her royal foot on my hand to notify my she has agreed to nibble on the millet.. which she then eats with gusto!! :D

·
English Budgie
400 Posts
Yes these are very good, aren't they?

Here's mine. Benedict loves his swings, but during the day it is the 2 budgie swing he uses, often just sitting and roosting. When I enter the room, as soon as he sees me he twists around, gives himself a mammoth pull on the side of the cage with his beak, and sets it off swinging (with him still on it) at around 60 degrees and puffs his chest out looking as proud as anything! The more praise he gets for doing it the more he does it again! He only does this when I arrive - I have checked by spying on him through the crack in door!

·
Super Moderator
18,100 Posts
What a great thread, Deb! Love reading all about these ;)

Well, Princess Mallorn "mutters" to herself while she's napping, which is absolutely adorable.
She makes the oddest little sounds, and always naps with one eye open while I sit next to her. Since she does it so quietly, her tail just occasionally bobs, since when she chirps, she "wags" her tail, and it looks like she's getting cozy in her feathers :giggle:

·
Servant of The King
11,974 Posts
My flock provides so many little thing's that make me smile, let's see..... I got a new one that has only been going on for about three day's now. Since my tiel Shiloh has been saying "watchya doin" for quite awhile now, I say it to him a lot when I'm in the bird room trying to get him to be more predictable with it. Apparently Solomon really likes this and has been listening to either Shiloh or me or both. For the last several evening's when I go into the room Solomon will fly to the swing closest to me and start's trying to talk. Several times I have heard him get "whatchya" out and it has thrilled me to no end. What's so cute about it is the fact that he is obviously trying to show me this new sound he is making....:)

·
Registered
101 Posts
; ; I love this thread.

When I let Kosh out of his cage in the morning, he immediately hops on my finger and gives me a kiss. He then flies to the gym on top of his cage, runs to give the hanging plastic balls a very violent kiss, then -scampers- over the cage to give me another kiss. He gets grumpy if I don't stand there and wait for his second kiss. And it's the same routine every morning.

I love my mornings. :)

·
Member of the Month June 2015
2,510 Posts
Noah is so vain! He loves admiring his own reflection so we have had to cover all mirrors and from the bottom to midway up the fridge. So now he has figured out a way to see himself in the fridge by standing at the edge of the bench top facing forwards and leaning right back balancing on his back toes and stretching his neck really far so that he can catch a glimpse of his gorgeous self!! :D

Oisin was so cute in the mornings (well he was always cute) but in the mornings when I uncovered his cage he would always make a big yawn and stay on his swing and wait for his breakfast to be served to him in bed from the cup of my hand :D

·
Registered
37,562 Posts
How delightful have all of these little stories been? I have a huge smile on my face as I read each and every one!
I think I can truthfully say we are all owned by some amazing little birds :eek::eek::eek:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.