Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading up on the mutations but I think I've had an information overload and can't tell what kind of budgie genetics/mutations he has. Can anyone tell me?

This is probably the best photo I have of him for the moment

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Sorry for the dumb question but, what makes his head all white? I know opaline makes the body color show in the wings/no markings on the shoulder-ish area. I'm kinda on genetics overload too. :laughing2:

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
Sorry for the dumb question but, what makes his head all white? I know opaline makes the body color show in the wings/no markings on the shoulder-ish area. I'm kinda on genetics overload too. :laughing2:
No question is a dumb question :)

It's the Opaline gene that causes his head to appear whiter than normal :)

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
opaline thins the markings over the head and neck so they can be almost gone, it brings body colour onto the wing, reduces body colour intensity (not always visible) and increases the stripe along the flights so it shows as a yellow or white strip on the two outer flights when the budgie is not flying.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks everyone for your comments, you are all geniuses (Or is it geniei? You know what I mean!)

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I'm certainly no expert, and I know that everybody says it's a cobalt, but I want to go with Toni - the colour is very rich. It looks like one of my birds and she is a violet. Does it look violet to you? Violet Opaline

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.