Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone. i have enclosed a few pics of my 3 budgies - the first, from left to right: hunter, mr jane, prince alby.
the second pic: alby, mr jane, hunter.
could someone please tell me what each of my boys are?
thanks so much! i have been reading about mutations but my mind is truly boggled.

Attachments

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Alby - looks like a yellow face type 2 green (can't tell if its light green or not though)

Mr. Jane looks like a yellow face cobalt blue

Hunter - Looks like a Grey Grey wing - might be spangle i can't tell

·
Human Bird Gym
2,669 Posts
Alby - looks like a yellow face type 2 green (can't tell if its light green or not though)

Mr. Jane looks like a yellow face cobalt blue

Hunter - Looks like a Grey Grey wing - might be spangle i can't tell
Greens can't be yellowfaced. They are all like that ;)

·
Banned
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for attempting to pick what they are. i find it really difficult to understand the mutations thing. i have books i have tried to read, and i have tried to read about it on here, but it just makes my head spin a bit.
i thought Alby was a cinnamon? but see thats it, im confused.
is there a really simplified version of mutation explanation, or is it complicated whichever way you look at it?

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
thanks for attempting to pick what they are. i find it really difficult to understand the mutations thing. i have books i have tried to read, and i have tried to read about it on here, but it just makes my head spin a bit.
i thought Alby was a cinnamon? but see thats it, im confused.
is there a really simplified version of mutation explanation, or is it complicated whichever way you look at it?
I think its complicated no matter how you look at it

Here is my Yellow face (she's a type 2 though) she's a cinnamon you should be able to see the difference between Her wings and Alby's wings

if you notice Jasmines wings are brown - Alby's is normal

·
Banned
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok i understand what your saying - but i think albys wings are brown too. ill try to find a better pic to illustrate what i mean...

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
thanks atvchick95
alby is in the left corner....
with his back turned so you can see his yellow and brown wing...
I had the birds mixed up LOL

but it still doesn't look brown to me, it looks grey

I have 2 babies who look just like him , One is grey wing other is cinnamon

these 2 are light Green Grey wing

These 2 are light green Cinnamon - one is also Opaline (and i think thats why the brown is darker) on her than her sibling

in this pic the top one is the lighter brown

Oh and all 4 of these Light Green babies are related - just 2 different clutches and 2 different dads

·
Banned
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cute photos!!!!!
well i think i understand the difference between a grey-wing and a cinamon all because of your help atvchick95, although i just then went and looked at Alby up close and im not sure if he is one or the other. i can see in your last post, the middle pic with the very brown wings - Alby's are lighter, but still seem more brown than grey.
you I.D.'d Hunter as a grey grey-wing (possible spangle) so im looking from Hunter to Alby and im sure Alby is more brown than grey...
you have made things easier for me to understand- thanks heaps

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I'm not good with mutations, but they are very beautiful! :D
Is hunter new? :) I think you need a new siggy. ;) Hehehe.

·
Banned
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hey Kip!!! :wave1: actually, hey Sarah!
yes Hunter is my new little boy, he is very adventurous and curious.
thankyou for noticing. i should post some of my favourite new pics in the gallery.
i do actually need a new siggy ;) :D - im just no good with digital manipulations and things.
i love the one you did for me originally! :loveeyes: :clap:
if you did have the time and wanted to do another for me, i would absolutely love it! but i know sometimes time is hard to spare!
:party2:

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
hey Kip!!! :wave1: actually, hey Sarah!
yes Hunter is my new little boy, he is very adventurous and curious.
thankyou for noticing. i should post some of my favourite new pics in the gallery.
i do actually need a new siggy ;) :D - im just no good with digital manipulations and things.
i love the one you did for me originally! :loveeyes: :clap:
if you did have the time and wanted to do another for me, i would absolutely love it! but i know sometimes time is hard to spare!
:party2:
I have a thread in sinature requests.:) You can post your request in there. I get around to them whenever i'm online, which is alot. :rolleyes:

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
cute photos!!!!!
well i think i understand the difference between a grey-wing and a cinamon all because of your help atvchick95, although i just then went and looked at Alby up close and im not sure if he is one or the other. i can see in your last post, the middle pic with the very brown wings - Alby's are lighter, but still seem more brown than grey.
you I.D.'d Hunter as a grey grey-wing (possible spangle) so im looking from Hunter to Alby and im sure Alby is more brown than grey...
you have made things easier for me to understand- thanks heaps
no problem

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.