Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they too small or can you already tell their mutations?

Finger Nail Art Thumb Wool

Bird Finger Beak Nail Feather

I'm hoping for spangle, but I'm not sure.

·
Accidentally in love.
5,385 Posts
I'm kind of bad at figuring out mutations so I can't help you there:) But I will say that they're really cute!!!:)

·
Lil' Birdy Girl
3,790 Posts
The first one looks like some type of grey, but it's pretty hard to tell with the blurryness of the photos anything other than that it is grey. :eek: I'm not sure about the second one.
Those babies are too cute though! There's something too cute about a baby budgie snuggled in the palm of a hand! :D

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry about the quality of the shots - it was taken with cell phone. The first one can't be grey - don't have greys in that aviary - it can be mauve?

·
Lil' Birdy Girl
3,790 Posts
Sorry about the quality of the shots - it was taken with cell phone. The first one can't be grey - don't have greys in that aviary - it can be mauve?
Hmm....Looks grey to me. Budgie's parents don't nessasarily have to be a color for the babies to be that color. One may be split for it. ;)

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As far as I know grey is a dominant colour - so can't be split for grey- that is if I understand things correctly.

·
Lil' Birdy Girl
3,790 Posts
As far as I know grey is a dominant colour - so can't be split for grey- that is if I understand things correctly.
:giggle: You most likely know more than me about this! I am good at identifying mutations, but not so good with genetics. :giggle:
Maybe he is Muave! :XD:

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The first chick is opaline and it's looks like it is dominant pied

The second chick looks like a greywing sky blue

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.