Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Solo who is the dad of Vi's baby, Captian Cuttle. I always thought he was the normal wild type budgie, but now I dont know. I adopted him from a shelter over a year ago. I found him on pet finder and fell in love with him and had to get him no matter what.

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Solo is actually green in color with a yellow face. I kinda figured he was a yellow faced type 2. I will try to see if I have a pic of him from his back. I believe I might have one but got to wait till tomorrow to post it here.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know this is off topic on Solo but had to put it in: budgiebreeder11 you can use all my pics for that book you are making. I will post the few pics I posted so far on your thread along with other new pics I will post. When it does get published will we get to have a copy of it? I been looking for a book like that for 3 years but never had any luck.

·
Registered
599 Posts
erica and bridget
isn' a type 2 a visual green but is actually sky blue
the yellow would have suffused over the blue to be visually green
(if i got that right about the type 2 being a suffused color)

vi

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its possible that is the case. He just doesn't look blue at all. His body on his front is fully green while his head is type 2 yellow faced. His back looks like there are black markings like a normal budgie.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
He is definately a yellow face type 2 sky blue. The thing about yellow face type 2 is that the yellow colour is present throughout the body, so the sky blue becomes a sea green colour when mixed with the yellow. The only difference between a light green and a sky blue is the presence of a functional yellow pigment producing gene (light green) or the presence of a faulty yellow pigment producing gene (sky blue).

Yellow face type twos have a partially faulty gene, allowing weak production of yellow giving you a sea foam green - somewhere in between sky blue and light green. Everything else would be the same, only the amount of yellow pigment changes.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will be posting Captain Cuttles mom soon as I get a good pic of her when I can get her off the nest for just a bathroom break. I had a chance yesterday but I forgot. I believe she is Dominant Pied cause she has a white spot on the back of her head and white wings plus a white chest. I know she is dominant. The only pic I have is on the nest with Captian Cuttle and his siblings. That pic is shown in Mrs. Fezziwig's thread.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Solo is a very pretty boy. His yellow face is so strong on him. I didnt know he was a sky blue. He did give me one girl that is not a yellow face at all and is blue all around. His other 2 kids both which are one boy and one girl both are yellow faces like him and their bodies are becoming green like him. Captian Cuttle is that boy. The last kid Solo gave me which is another boy looks just like his mom, Jewel who is not pictured here yet.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Captian Cuttle's mom, Jewel

I borrowed this pic from the other thread that I posted it in. Sorry that it is messy in this pic, but I try not to disturb the nest when they are this young. One of the babies is Captian Cuttle. This pic is the only pic I have of his mom, Jewel. Like I said she is Dominant Pied that I know.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Depends on whether captain cuttle is type 1 or type 2 yellowface. If he is type 1, the yellow will remain only on his face after his adult moult. If he is type two, you'll see seafoam green feathers replace the blue ones as the yellow pigment production increases.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Depends on whether captain cuttle is type 1 or type 2 yellowface. If he is type 1, the yellow will remain only on his face after his adult moult. If he is type two, you'll see seafoam green feathers replace the blue ones as the yellow pigment production increases.
i started to see green today and i think some grey! (although that may be down feathers under)
so type 2

he's a very funny little guy too
and mrs fezziwig has green under her wings

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hello, I did post Jewel's pic which is Captian Cuttle's mom above. She is shown in the pic with her babies, one of whom is Captian Cuttle.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.