Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me w/ gender and mutation and if a couple what color their babies would be?

Attachments

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
1st one is Normal Sky Blue an is Male
2nd one Looks to be either Olive or Grey Green, and its still young (has the pink cere) So i'm not sure if its male or female

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks your a BIG help!:):budgie:

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
No problem there are some members that can tell the genders at a young age, I'm sure they'll be around shortly

I just happen to not be one of them :p

·
Budgie Addict :)
6,526 Posts
First one for sure male. Beautiful budgies.:D

·
Member of the Month July 2008
8,357 Posts
I wonder what the experts will say. I think they are both males..but I am no expert.
They are both so beautiful...:)

Sigrid

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The blue one appears to be a normal sky blue male, but is there a spot on the back of his head? And what colour are the flight feathers on his wings?. He looks about 6 months old

I would like to see a picture of the green one's back (or a side view) and another photo showing it's cere. In this photo it looks male but it is not definate. The mutation could be greywing or cinnamon but we can't see enough of it's markings to tell.

If they are both the same sex then I can't predict babies, but if you mate a green bird to a blue bird then all the chicks will be green unless the green parent is carrying a gene for blue.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My camera is dead but It looks as if it's beak turned pink and white and it cuddles up to carbon and kisses him...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.