Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered this carrying case for birds on Amazon, because I need to move my budgies in a couple of weeks. Regardless of whether or not I can get them into it (I’ve read up on this in other threads) I’m wondering if it’s safe?? It’s sturdy enough, there’s a solid wooden perch for them to stand on, and it’s ventilated in all sides. But it’s plastic, and it has a very strong plastic-y smell that I’m worried might be toxic. I’ve wiped it down with hot water (no soap or chemicals). But still worried. They will be in it for about an hour as I drive to our new location. Any advice? Should I return it? Their regular cage is quite large and hard to manoeuvre, and it’s very cold up here in the North, so I want to put them in something small enough to wrap with blankets…
Material property Font Tints and shades Pattern Fashion accessory

·
Administrator
59,662 Posts
How soon will you be using it? If you allow it to air out for several days will that give you time to get something else if the plastic-y smell does not dissipate?

I have a soft sided carrier that my lovebird LOVES! He likes to play in it when he isn't traveling and I leave it on the table so he can access it during his out of cage time. It does not have a perch but I don't think that really matters. It wipes clean easily.

It is similar to this one:

This is another option:

This one has the perch included but costs more:

If you want something more like a "cage" you could get this and add a perch to the inside:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh that pink one is cute!!
We move in about a week — so I may not have time to order another, but I will leave mine to air out for a few days as you suggest. I also just realized there’s a plastic film on this product that needs to be peeled away — so hopefully doing that will get rid of the smell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.