Talk Budgies Forums banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,417 Posts
Even if she climbs the ladder she will not be able to get to the door of the cage because the ladder does not reach it. Will she hop on the ladder and allow you to place her at the cage door?

·
Administrator
57,360 Posts
Even if she climbs the ladder she will not be able to get to the door of the cage because the ladder does not reach it. Will she hop on the ladder and allow you to place her at the cage door?

When my budgies are on the shelf of the cage or the floor and climb up the ladder and the ladder ends, they then simply move over to the outside of the cage bars and climb them until they get to the door of the cage where they can hop in. ;)

I ended up getting her to step up onto a small ladder and she stayed on it while I transported her into a cage.

She is becoming such a good bird. Not the skittish wild birdo I brought home.
Luna is becoming such a brave little girl and learning every day!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
This morning I noticed one of their toys was a ripped up mess so I replaced it with a fresh one. Luna came hopping over to see what I was doing.

Of course she ultimately decided she hated what I was doing and flapped away. It was a really cool moment though. I can't believe after so long with virtually no progress things have just started to click literally over night.

Maybe it is like you say and they have finally realised I don't grab them or harm or hurt or try to eat them. I just happen to live there too :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I can't wait til they can fly. I hate taking pics from the back and they just look absolutely mutilated. Such a harsh clip. Only one budgie can fly back to her home 🤦‍♀️

I don't ever want to inhibit their ability to fly again even though I am a bit jealous 🤣

If people want a pet that can't fly why buy a bird 🤯

21 - 40 of 50 Posts