Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybudgie, I have actually not been around the forum as often as I like to be recently, but I think all is back to how it should be and I can once again get a coffee and sit down in my chair with Budget perched on my shoulder or under my chin whichever he chooses. Either one is fine by me.
I have actually been getting outside into my garden as well for a while when able , now Spring has started to make itself known here in Western Australia. I will take some pictures and show you all, I am certainly feeling my age gone are the days when I could be out at sunrise and then come in at sundown, these days it is a more evenly measured and paced time frame.
But the rewards are still the same a feeling of contentment and joy.

So as my title states, I had a message today from a parent of one of my success stories regarding my work. They are coming down from the city for a visit to relatives and my ex student wants to see me specifically, I am so happy ,this child had such a hard time, he is Autistic, was non verbal and came from Kurdistan so English was not spoken at home hardly.
Through a lot of hard work on his behalf after five years of my Speech program and other individual work he learned how to talk.
A huge feat considering he only spoke English when at school,
So tomorrow I am meeting them at The Kebab Shop other members of his family run in town.
I am truly looking forward to seeing him once more, I bet he has grown so much.

·
Registered
12,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I am home once more and I can tell you all I had a huge smile , a feeling of contentment and a wee small tear or two.
My beautiful student was waiting patiently with his two other Autistic brothers and his parents, as I approached I was observing him interact and try to help his brothers become calmer, This family have three boys who are all on the spectrum.
I particularly feel for their Mother as she has to do almost all of the child rearing as to her countries custom. This lady is one amazing human being.

SO I walked up to Alan as I will call him, he came to shake my hand I asked him if he would be happy for me to enter his space and have a hug! He politely said ,Yes Cathy.
We had a wonderful afternoon, talking about his new school, his very hard work, and his new friend whom he was so proud to have.
Often these children are shunned and ridiculed by others.
It amazed me as he remembered every student who was in his class when here, he then proceeded to ask about each and every one of them.
To think when he started school he couldn't utter one word, he used to be quite violent and aggressive as he couldn't get his point across or join in.
He kept telling me he misses me, told me his timetable, and so much information, I am so happy for him.
All in all I had the best day. Oh I had to show him all of my Budgie pictures on my phone as he asked about them !

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.