Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Member of the Month Dec 2014
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First thing after coffee with my sister each morning, she and I walk my 3 dogs. Today was particularly beautiful, crisp and some of the trees are just beginning to turn. I love the reflections on the ponds and river. Wish all of you could join us each morning. I'd put on a great big pot of coffee and we could 'talk budgies' face to face for about an hour and then head out for a walk in the nearby woods.
This is the most beautiful time of year IMO and it will be 79 degrees today. Savannah (my African Grey) and little Betty (the canary) love for me to roll their cages out onto the deck where they can catch the natural sunshine.
The budgies will enjoy their sunshine through the upstairs window screens. I'm way too old to be carrying all their cages up and down the stairs on every sunny day here in Kansas! LOL

·
Member of the Month July 2014
3,835 Posts
Such a beautiful photo Nedra,I love Autumn it's the most beautiful season...I love your dog what a cutie pie :)...sounds nice to have someone to drink coffee with and talk..I spend my days alone after the kids are off to school lol.Thanks for sharing the pic I love it!!

·
Member of the Month August 2015
1,632 Posts
Wow... sounds wonderful... a few of my favorite things.. coffee, autumn walks with my dogs and talking budgies.. too bad I'm way far away in Washington. We had coffee and walks with our dogs this morning, but the setting was not as pretty.. weather here will be a high of 62.. it was still pretty. My little birds are enjoying looking out to our back yard with the window cracked only a little (and not directly on them)..
Thanks for sharing that photo!!

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,707 Posts
That's a beautiful landscape, I'm sure it makes your walks even more delightful! :)
My dog gets 4 walks per day of 15 - 20 minutes each. Unlike you, we do not have an awesome lake, but do have lots of greenery and a big area of olive tree plantation.

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow! Aluz, I sure hope my dogs don't see your comment -- 3 to 4 walks a day!!! You are my idol! And I'm sure if my dogs saw your post they would be "throwing rocks at me!"
And Kim, I remember the days when both of my boys were off to school all day. (I loved it! Couldn't wait for summer to be gone each year and have them back in school!) Now they are 800 miles away and I'm very lucky to see them once every two or three months! I would love to have them show up on my doorstep everyday at 3PM just like the "good ol' days"! I wish you were here to share the mornings with me and my sister, Kim -- I just think it would be really hard to get you here and back before the kids showed up at home all tired and ready for some time with Mom!! ;)
Thanks Pete and James -- love to invite you to coffee as well. You guys are great guys -- Love you for following my threads.
And last but not least, Dee. Yes I am lucky! There is nothing so precious as a sister that is also a best friend forever! I'm assuming your sister still lives in Croatia?? How often do you get to go home for a visit? Not often enough I'll bet.
Love you all and also all those who read this post but were too shy to comment!! Hope all will stay close to their families, no matter the distance.

Reactions: aluz and kwatson

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Kristen!
You got dogs? Seems like most budgaholics have other pets as well. The lot are basically 'animal crazy'; myself included!!

·
Administrator
59,672 Posts
Nedra,
I wish you and I lived closer to one another -- I think we are kindred spirits in many ways. ;) I love Autumn, the woods (and all of nature), walking my dogs and talking about my birds. :giggle:

Charlie is just as cute as can be and that picture of you by the lake with the Autumn leaves is great!! Thanks for sharing the start of your day with us. I'll be thinking out you in the morning tomorrow!

·
Member of the Month July 2014
3,835 Posts
Nedra, it would be great to have someone to share coffee with and talk to each morning...
And I can only imagine how much you would love to have your boys back home...mine are growing so fast, and I already get teary eyed thinking of them growing up and moving away from home.Thanks for sharing you picture it's beautiful :)

·
Servant of The King
11,866 Posts
Awesome...my mom's side of the family came from Seneca, KS to Ohio back in the late 1800"s. Never been to Kansas but if I ever do, I know where I can get a coffee....:)

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Awwh Deb, I totally wish we lived close enough to share a morning coffee and walk. I am soooo flattered that you consider me a kindred spirit because I think your spirit is awesome!!
And Kim, you're a doll -- you come on with Deb and we'll all walk and talk together; Jonah can join us when he finally decides to visit his Mom's 'roots'. We'll wait for your babies to fledge Kim, of course!!! Feathered and "not feathered".;)

Reactions: kwatson

·
Member of the Month August 2013
5,118 Posts
My that looks like the most gorgeous place to walk your dogs and such a nice way to keep in touch with family. We would be joining you for coffee and a walk as well. My two dogs would be thinking they are in seventh heaven.

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great Li! I'll always have a cup of java for you. Have you posted pics of your two dogs?
Aren't we an animal crazy bunch for sure!!!
But I truly would love to take long walks with you and the other wonderful folks here on TB!

·
Member of the Month August 2013
5,118 Posts
Great Li! I'll always have a cup of java for you. Have you posted pics of your two dogs?
Aren't we an animal crazy bunch for sure!!!
But I truly would love to take long walks with you and the other wonderful folks here on TB!
I don't think I have ever posted pics of my dogs. Well except for when they make a disguised appearance in the Halloween Competition. That changes today, I am off to show off my dogs in their very own and first ever thread :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.