Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Talos on Left.. Rhea on Right.

I know Talos is Opaline and Rhea is Spangle, but what are the colour mutations? because i'm not 100%

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought Rhea might have been a yellowface type II "seafoam"? Spangle.

I also thought Talos was an Olive Green (Because he has blue tail) but he also has a blue/violet tinge to his chest down to his tummy/vent (and its this that really confuses me) and Freki was Grey-Green (Because he has a brown tail) but like i said i'm not 100% on mutations but i am learning (well trying to anyway :giggle:)

I've been wrong a few times and well, i'm not confident in what i "know", and i'm always second guessing myself :tongue:

Hmm wheres Lindsey when you need her haha :p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

·
Registered
235 Posts
My guess is..Talos...Opaline violet Dark Green
Rhea...Spangle..yellowface II SF sky blue
Freki...Opaline Cinnamon Grey Green

·
Member of the Month August 2013
5,121 Posts
I must have missed your post on getting new birds. No idea what the mutation is but they are certainly gorgeous. Congratulations!

·
Crazy budgie lady
1,439 Posts
Would Rhea be considered golden face due to the depth and intensity of the yellow? If stunning, wonderful and amazing are mutations you have those :p Rhea does have an amazing aqua colour, and the purple/blue sheen on Talos reminds me of the green violets I have seen, as he grows you may see hints of it around his leg feathers, violet is hidden all over it seems! as only the cobalt birds usually show it visually, but other colours do inherit it.

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Can you post photos of them in natural light with no flash? They both look very different in each photo and in the photos you sent me. If I were just using the first picture, I'd say she was a violet light green cinnamon spangle. But in the second pic she looks like a YF blue and not green at all. Is it possible to get shots of them individually? He looks like a YF2 opaline violet cobalt. But, I must admit, I'm certainly not sure. :) I've PM'd Lindsey to ask her opinion as well. Hopefully she'll come along and put me to shame and give you the correct answer. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.