Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· 2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys, it's been a while since I posted here! This recipe is one of my favourites, the cheese little pies are perfect for breakfast, when you have visitors or a snack throughout the day :)

Ingredients: (for a big amount)

For the dough:
Half a cup butter (in room temperature)
Half a cup vegetable oil
3 cups self-raising flour (or more)
1 tsp salt
a pinch of sugar
1 egg
Half a cup yogurt

For the filling:
2 eggs
2 cups crumbled feta cheese
1 cup grated cheddar cheese- or parmesan
3 Tbsp milk
a pinch of pepper

1 beaten egg for brushing on top
Sesame seeds (optional)

Put the butter and the egg in the bread mixer and beat for a couple of minutes.Add the sugar, salt and yogurt and beat for a minute further. Then add the self-raising flour a little at a time. When the flour is almost over, take the dough out of the mixer and mix by hand until it is well combined and the flour is over. The dough is a little thick and it won't stick in your hands. Leave it for 30'.
In the meanwhile, make the filling. Put all ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine well. Line 3 baking trays with baking parchment and preheat the oven at 200 C.
Take a small bit of pastry and use your hands to roll into a small ball, about the size of a big walnut. Flatten the ball with your palm, and use your fingers to press the dough into a small circle about 7cm in diameter.
Fill each with a heaping teaspoon of filling and fold over to make a half-circle. Place on a parchment-lined baking tray and press your finger around the edges to seal.
-- In this stage you can place them on a tray and put them in the freezer. When they are frozen, put them in a plastic bag. --
Brush the tops with beaten egg. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Reduce the temperature to 180 C and bake them to 15 minutes or until golden. Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy! :)
The pies will look like this:

· Member of the Month January 2013
4,881 Posts
I will try some this weekend. They look pretty tasty :).I just finished making a batch of my chewy rolls and used some pumpernickle flour in it for the first time. They smell awesome and Linda will be home in an hr so I will make Rueben sliders for lunch with leftover corned beef from the other day.

· 2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh my, I love pretzel rolls! Rueben sliders are awesome!Can I come over for dinner? :jumping1:
I hope you like my recipe! Their name in greek is "Tiropitakia" :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.