Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got home from being gone for 4 days and the oldest baby is covered in pinnies! And they're yellow! And I think the chick looks opaline and pied. Anyone got any guesses? I know it's still early, but this bright yellow shocked the heck outta me. :)

Parents
Bird White Pet supply Beak Parrot
Bird Pet supply Parrot Beak Bird supply

Baby
Hand Nail polish Plant Cosmetics Finger
Finger Terrestrial plant Fungus Mushroom Nail
Gesture Finger Terrestrial plant Nail Thumb

·
Member of the Month
4,269 Posts
Pretty yellow feathers coming in!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
That is cute, the baby being held in the palm of a hand. Also, at top for the parents pictures, the second picture from the top looks best, as it shows a lot of light in it. Parents are good healthy birds.

·
Member of the Month July 2011
3,661 Posts
I'm afraid I'm no help to you, but they sure are gorgeous little aliens, and I'm very happy you posted them in the wrong thread.;)

·
Member of the Month April 2011
5,435 Posts
I don't know whether Chick #1 has opaline down, but FWIW, my recessive pied chicks had white down.

All your chicks are adorable. It's great to see them nestled in such clean shavings. :thumbsup:

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The chick is definitely pied. It could also be opaline but recessive pied chicks often have white down

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Nev and Susan. All my rec pied chicks in the past were also opaline so I didn't know what to expect from chicks that aren't opaline but are rec pied. I suppose they still could be if dad is split for it, but Idk if he is or not.

·
Member of the Month April 2011
5,435 Posts
Thanks Nev and Susan. All my rec pied chicks in the past were also opaline so I didn't know what to expect from chicks that aren't opaline but are rec pied. I suppose they still could be if dad is split for it, but Idk if he is or not.
Please keep us posted! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.