Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just some of my current chicks, some might be too young to be sure on but just want peoples opinions on the genders and mutations. I have my ideas on what they are so I won't say as it may influence your ideas.

First two chicks are from a double factor spangle hen split for blue to a spangle dominant pied violet skyblue ****.

First up gender ideas?

Mutations?

Second nest of five chicks are from a greywing iolet skyblue dominant pied hen to this **** bird, he was bred from a yellowface cinnamon light green hen to a Goldenface opaline fb greywing violet ****:

Chick pictures:
youngest:

oldest:

second oldest:

Third chick:

Fourth chick:

group picture:

Not the best pictures for gender:

·
Registered
256 Posts
I know nothing about mutations, but your babies are SOOO CUTE!!! <3 Especially the oldest chick, I can tell that he/she's gonna grow up to be a beautiful bird :)

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
The first clutch looks like a DF spangle and a cobalt (violet?) spangle dominant pied. I'm horrible at genders so I won't even try.

·
Registered
392 Posts
First two are violet spangle pied and lutino(or DEC) and i would say both female but you can never know..

Second clutch
youngest: unknown gender or mutation..
Oldest: Skyblue possible opaline, greywing for sure-Possibly male
Second oldest, YF2 skyblue opaline greywing (possible pied)-female(not exactly sure)
Third i can't tell, but i would say YF2 skyblue greywing-to young to tell for most of them

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First two are violet spangle pied and lutino(or DEC) and i would say both female but you can never know..

Second clutch
youngest: unknown gender or mutation..
Oldest: Skyblue possible opaline, greywing for sure-Possibly male
Second oldest, YF2 skyblue opaline greywing (possible pied)-female(not exactly sure)
Third i can't tell, but i would say YF2 skyblue greywing-to young to tell for most of them
The yellow chick is a double factor spangle, can't be the other two :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
It's getting late and I'm tired, so, "YEAH! What ^SHE^ said!"

(Either that or you could just call the second clutch "a bunch of Easter eggs." That'd work too.;))

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.