Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum so this is my first post and its nice to meet you all!!!

I'm thinking about breeding my blue recessive pied budgie right now and I've found to beautiful hens for him but I'm having trouble choosing one?

The first hen named Star is a 14 month old Yellow Clearflight Pied budgie.

The second hen named Snowflake is a 15 month old Albino budgie.

I would like to know the possible outcomes of Recessive Pied X Clearflight Pied and Recessive Pied X Albino Budgie! Greatly appreciated!!!:budgie:

·
Registered
458 Posts
A blue Rec. Pied to a Green Clearflight Pied will have: (if there are no splits whatsoever in either of the birds)
100% Greens, half of which will be Clearflight Pieds, half normal. All split for blue and Recessive Pied. You could get Rec. Pieds, blues, greens, and other things depending on who is split for what.

A blue Rec Pied to an Albino hen: (again, depending on splits and what the Albino girl is hiding, if anything)
100% blues, all normal. All males split for ino, all chicks split for Rec. Pied.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A blue Rec. Pied to a Green Clearflight Pied will have: (if there are no splits whatsoever in either of the birds)
100% Greens, half of which will be Clearflight Pieds, half normal. All split for blue and Recessive Pied. You could get Rec. Pieds, blues, greens, and other things depending on who is split for what.

A blue Rec Pied to an Albino hen: (again, depending on splits and what the Albino girl is hiding, if anything)
100% blues, all normal. All males split for ino, all chicks split for Rec. Pied.
Thanks I also heard that budgies breed better in flocks so if I were to get both females what would happen if you bred a normal green **** with an albino hen?

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
what would happen if you bred a normal green **** with an albino hen?
The chicks would all be green unless the **** was split for blue. If he was split for blue half the chicks would be blue. The only way that you would get albinos or lutinos would be if the **** was split for ino

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The chicks would all be green unless the **** was split for blue. If he was split for blue half the chicks would be blue. The only way that you would get albinos or lutinos would be if the **** was split for ino
Thanks for your help and your chicks in the nest frame look ADORABLE!!!!:budgie:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.