Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may know, I have two pairs down for breeding right now. I'm just wondering what I'm looking for in the way of chicks. Genders, colors, etc.

Cage 1:

Female -
Yellow Based
Light Green
Opaline
Cinnamon

Male -
Yellow Based
Light Green
Cinnamon

Cage 2:

Female -
Yellow Face Type II
Sky Blue
Cinnamon

Male -
Yellow Base
Light Green
SF Dom Pied
Clearflight Pied

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
I am no good at predicting outcomes Erin as I am just learning the ropes there. Whatever they are turn out to be, I can't wait to see the pictures

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The first pair will produce light green opaline cinnamon chicks. If both birds are split for blue you could get some sky blue opaline cinnamons.

Second pair. Why do you think the **** bird is both dominant pied and clearflight pied? They should produce light green pieds & normals. If the **** is split for blue you will get some sky blue & yellow face sky blue. You will only get cinnamon if the male is split for cinnamon

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Hi Nev,
In the first cage, the **** isn't split opaline, the hen is opaline, wouldn't that make the **** birds split opaline?? I'm learning about mutations & wanted to find out :)

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, we're definately expecting some light green cinnamons (no surprise there :p), though I was more curious as to what Beau and Lux were going to throw. And I've actually had this conversation as to why I believe Beau is both clear and dom pied before. He has all the clearflight markings. Clear neck, back of the head, clear flight and tail feathers. He just also happens to be a dom pied.
I don't know what these particular birds are split for, so it will be an adventure to find out. It's all rather exciting.
I think my malfunction is that I don't quite understand how the Yellowface passes down?

·
3,676 Posts
Hi Nev,
In the first cage, the **** isn't split opaline, the hen is opaline, wouldn't that make the **** birds split opaline?? I'm learning about mutations & wanted to find out :)
All the male chicks will be split for opaline

·
3,676 Posts
And I've actually had this conversation as to why I believe Beau is both clear and dom pied before. He has all the clearflight markings. Clear neck, back of the head, clear flight and tail feathers. He just also happens to be a dom pied.
Dominant pieds have a clear spot on the back of the head and clear flight and tail feathers similar to clearflight pieds. Usually a combination of the two types will have a lot more clear areas on the body than individuals of either type
I think my malfunction is that I don't quite understand how the Yellowface passes down?
Provided that there is only one type of yellow face involved it works the same as any other dominant mutation

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.