Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to change my breeding plan. My future pair, who I let out together sometimes, don't seem to be getting on well. My female is all over the male, but the male seems quite intimidated by her. But tonight Belle broke a blood feather, and I was putting cornflour on it, I noticed Amigo and my other female sitting together and chatting quite happily.
Sorry that is completley irrelevant.:eek::eek:
So this is my new pair:

Male-light green spangle
Female- Sky blue recessive pied opaline

What do you think their chicks will be?

Also, how do you tell if a green budgie is split for blue or violet? My male has blue feet, and the top of his beak, just below the cere is greenish. His down looks blue/pale purple in some light, and I was wondering if this had anything to do with what he was split for?
Thanks, sorry about the long post.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
As far as I know you can't see what the birds are split for. If your birds aren't split for anything else Icecream is correct in her predictions. All the male babies will be split for Opaline and some babies will be split for RP as well. Your chances that the green one is split for blue is good - there are not that many pure green birds anymore. Please keep us updated. What about pics of the parents?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.