Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,I need some help with my chicks.I pretty much know about their mutations but have no idea about their sex.Dad is a goldenface skyblue spangle dom pied(split for opaline since one chicks is opaline) and mum is a YF2 skyblue opaline dom pied.
First chick should be YF2 dom pied.Has some dark markings on chest

Second chick YF2 spangle dom pied.

Third chick opaline spangle dom pied.It has body colour on the upper part of her chest while it is clear on the rest.Shouldn't all dom pieds have only a clear band?Also it's right wing has no markings

Fourth chick is a GF? or YF2? ,double factor dom pied?It also has very little body colour on its chest

My other pair had 4 female and 1 male chicks.Hope most of these are males.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I'm also going for female the first 3 and male the last one. I have a question: Isn't a double factor YF2 a "white" face? Absolute stunners!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
I think chick one female(would have to see a direct on pic of the cere). Chick 2 female, chick 3 female, Chick four looks male.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm also going for female the first 3 and male the last one. I have a question: Isn't a double factor YF2 a "white" face? Absolute stunners!!
I guess you are referring to the fourth chick.The double factor is refering to the dom pied mutation.I'll go fix that up,it isn't very clear what I wrote.If it was a double factor YF2 the yellow would just spread less.The double factor YF1 budgies have white faces.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Forget about the visual stuff....it's all about "attitude, attitude, attitude!". when it comes to babies...males just act different!....

...for example, I hear the females makes a racket when you approach them in the nest!

I'll go for Male, female, female, male (on attitude)...although in the first the "white lining to nostrils" do have a white shine...so maybe it's a girl as well?!

Enjoy them, they look great!
jacodK

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I guess you are referring to the fourth chick.The double factor is refering to the dom pied mutation.I'll go fix that up,it isn't very clear what I wrote.If it was a double factor YF2 the yellow would just spread less.The double factor YF1 budgies have white faces.
Sorry, misread, My mistake.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Oh myyyy I can't help with mutation I am a disaster with that, all I can say is :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: Wuaahhhhhhuuuuu! They are just beautiful! :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Wow, my guesses were opposite everyone else. I was thinking male, male, male, female. Then again, I have absolutely no experience with chicks, other than two budgies I owned in eighth grade.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Today I took some close up pictures of the first chick's cere.No flash used but standing under a neon light.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Still female to me. Do you want it to be male?
My 2 pairs had a clutch of 5 and 4.If this one is female out of 9 chicks 2 are male(one in each clutch) and 7 are female.pretty unlucky I guess.Would have been happier if it were 3 male and 6 female.Some people say it may be male,still have a doubt about it

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.