Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last pair, these are the chicks that have me very confused!
Opinions on mutations please?

Here are the parents:

**** is a goldenface cobalt dominant pied or clearflight? Must be split for opaline since he was two opaline chicks that I wasn't expecting. The hen is a light green normal or dark green?

They had a clutch of five chicks.

I included pictures of their tail feathers, I don't know if they are blue series birds or green series? I'm guessing blue since they all started with blue feathers on their legs and lower belly. They all have clear flights and blue feathers mixed in with the green. And what colors are they?

Chick 1 - He has a very small spot on the back of his head, no band.

Chick 2 - She is one of the opalines, has a very thin yellow band across her belly. No spot.

Chick 3 - This one looks just like chick 1 with a bigger spot on his head.

Chick 4 - Spot on the back of his head, thin yellow band across belly.

Chick 5 - The other opaline, same color as chicks 1 and 3 with no band and no spot but with clear flights.

All chick pictures were taken without flash. The yellow is a little brighter than the pictures show. What do you think?

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
I can't help with the mutations Corina, sorry :(

They are all so cute :love:

But I see now where you said your pair were similar to my pair (Dexter & Maddi) I am so excited for the chicks now, as I may end up with a little Bumi myself :jump:

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
1.Golden face clearflight cobalt
2. Opaline clearflight dark green hen
3.golden face clearflight cobalt
4.golden face clearflight cobalt
5.opaline clearflight dark green hen

Thats my opinion but i may be wrong

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Some of the chicks certainly look like clearflight pieds and not the banded dominant pied, but, since the **** is a dominant pied the chicks must have inherited their pied type from him. The only way they could be clearflight pieds would be if the father was both dominant pied and clearflight pied, which is possible even though he doesn’t look like a combination. The amount of clear areas on a clearflight pied can vary from just a few feathers to about 90%

Chicks 2 & 5 look like green series and the others appear to be goldenface

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Some of the chicks certainly look like clearflight pieds and not the banded dominant pied, but, since the **** is a dominant pied the chicks must have inherited their pied type from him. The only way they could be clearflight pieds would be if the father was both dominant pied and clearflight pied, which is possible even though he doesn't look like a combination. The amount of clear areas on a clearflight pied can vary from just a few feathers to about 90%

Chicks 2 & 5 look like green series and the others appear to be goldenface
Thank you :)

So they are dominant pieds that look like clearflights? Nice way for those chicks to confuse me :giggle:

Chick 5 is the same color as chicks 1 and 3 so I guess she is also a goldenface? The only chick that does seem truly green is chick 2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.