Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
37,335 Posts
As we here in the Southern Hemisphere actually get to celebrate Christmas before our Northern cousins It will be Christmas Eve tomorrow.
As I reflect upon the year that was I can't help wonder just where did the year go?
We have welcomed many new members, lost a couple of our TB family for various reasons, and have enjoyed many a picture of some fine feathered friends.
I would like to thank my fellow staff members and Deborah as admin for doing a great job throughout the year, But mostly I wish to thank each and everyone of our amazing members who make TB what it is . The best Budgie Forum around.
I truly hope everybudgie feels safe, happy and loved over the holiday break, for some it will be a time of reflection, others a new beginning, blessings to each and every member and their flock during this special magical time of the year. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE :grouphug::grouphug::woot::party2::best_wishes::clap:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Happy holidays from Chicago and from Kimchi! Here's some photos of Kimchi's holiday season-- there's our holiday card this year, plus Kimchi looking festive, and "helping" to wrap a present (which is actually a bird toy for my mother's budgie from Santa Bird!)

P.s. please know we didn't leave Kimchi unattended with the Christmas lights, as we know it could be dangerous for him to chew on them-- we took a few pictures and put them away :)

·
Member of the Month January 2016
4,978 Posts
Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year to you all.

I'd like to thank the wonderful staff and members of this forum for being so welcoming, friendly and informative with me and helping to make my little Jimmy the healthy, sweet little boy he is today.
You're all wonderful and I look forward to remaining part of this community for years to come. xx

·
Member of the Month October 2008
6,807 Posts
I wish everyone on TB a very very Happy Christmas and a Wonderful New Year. Hoping every person and birdie gets their wishes granted.

2016 is shaping up to be a very exciting year for me. After more than 30 years of living where I do, I am selling up and moving. I am leaving a town of about 10,000 people to go to a lovely little historic town in the Southern Highlands of New South Wales with a population of around 500, not too far from our Nations Capital. Yes all my birds are coming with me and I will build new aviaries for them to live in. I have a short list of about 6 houses but it will depend on how long it takes to sell here. My home here will be going to a developer. There is massive expansion going on in my area and it is getting too built up for my liking. We are losing our country town feel and I want that back. The population in the area has nearly doubled in the last 5 years and that is going to increase rapidly in the next couple of years.

Hope to be celebrating Christmas next year in my new town.

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,707 Posts
The flock of 14 and I are wishing the Talk Budgies community (forum members and staff included) a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
May this Christmas be bright and cheerful and 2016 be a prosperous and memorable year.

·
Member of the Month April 2014
3,537 Posts
Here's a song for our beloved Skipooterky:D...

Jingle ling a ling, ah
Jingle ling a ling, ah

Dashing through the snow in a budgie open sleigh
Over the fields they go, Skipooterky laughing all the way
Bells on bob-tail ring, making spirits bright
What fun it is to ride and sing, a sleighing song tonight

Oh Jingle bells, jingle bells
Skipooterky all the way
Oh, what fun it is to see
A new adventure everyday, hey!

Jingle bells, jingle bells
Skipooterky leads the way
Skipooterky live & play!

Jingle ling a ling, ah
Jingle ling a ling, ah

From all over the world, the boys travels with much clout
Doing all the colorful things that we can only dream about
From the Himalayas to North Pole, they always live it up
With so much style and charm, they always lift us up!

Oh Jingle bells, jingle bells
Skipooterky all the way
Their adventures everyday, HEY!

Jingle bells, jingle bells
Skipooterky saves the day
How they cheer us up each day!

Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year Everybirdie!:D

·
Registered
543 Posts
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!!! I am so thankful for TB, all the staff and members! Everyone has taught me so much and your incredible guidance/advice is irreplaceable!

Here in Ohio the weather has been very unusual. Right now it's pouring rain, lighting and thundering, no white Christmas for us this year....although I think we are still recovering from the enormous amounts of snow we had last year! :)

·
Wing Commander
1,778 Posts
Greetings of the season to all at Talk Budgies from Wiki & AnnMarie!

It's our first Christmas in our new home, and the first time we've put up a large tree as we're having family visit. Wiki is getting used to his new perch.
Where's Wiki by Wikibudgie, on Flickr

In case you missed him, here he is:
Tree Perch by Wikibudgie, on Flickr

·
Member of the Month June 2014
10,305 Posts
Indi and i would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a happy new year!!!

I'd like to say thank you to the Staff who have put a lot of time and effect into running such a good form for us members to share our budgies and make wonderful friends to...

I no there is a great deal of time put into running this form keeping it in tip top conduction... So well done Staff Mods.... Now you need a well earned rest over Christmas with your family and have fun...

I love this form and the people i love helping.. I have made so many friends here and when i need to relax i spend my time with you guys... It is amazing how we can talk to one another from all over the world across the sea..

Mum and I are going over to Mum's friends place for Christmas lunch and then my friend is coming over for dinner. Tonight is nearly Christmas Eve and we are going to have a drink and watch the Melbourne Christmas Carols on TV Indi will be in bed he is excited to get his gift to as well as me...

I have put a Christmas tree out for my dad he use to love Christmas...

I'd like every member and staff to be careful driving to friends places or families places to be safe..

Also i would like to thank the Staff for all of the time they have put into making this form what it is today and that is Number one top Budgie form so Thank you.... So ill see you all again next year.... Thank you for having me be a part of this wonderful form.. Indi loves it here to. The staff and members are all so wonderful...

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL...​

Indi's christmas from last year...

Our Christmas Tree..

You know Skipper, and Scooter, and
Peachy, and Poppy and,
Pedro, and Sparky to,
But do you recall
The most famous reindeer Birdie's of all

Skipper, the red-nosed reindeer Birdie
had a very shiny nose
and if you ever saw it
you would even say it glows.