Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had Lucy for about 7 months now and since I got her she has been losing feathers. Lol I'm surprised she isn't bald by now, I don't recall any pin feathers though. It is bad some mornings the floor around the cage is a mess of feathers and so is the cage floor. Is there something extra I can feed her to maybe snap out of it? I bought vitamins but she hates the way it tastes so she won't touch anything with it on it. I know molting can take a toll on them so I'm just worried about her health constantly losing feathers.

·
Servant of The King
11,974 Posts
Egg food is really good to give them during and just after molting. Bird's never molt all their feather's at once so it often seem's like the molt never end's...:)

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,230 Posts
I've read in a site that chronic molts can be resulting from a diet poor in Methionine.
Look up for
Poor Feather Condition / Long Molts
Feather & Skin Disorders: Causes, Symptoms and Treatment

Of course a special diet is needed, including veggies, fruit, egg food, generally food that can make the bird feel stronger. Hope that molting ends soon!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've read in a site that chronic molts can be resulting from a diet poor in Methionine.
Look up for
Poor Feather Condition / Long Molts
Feather & Skin Disorders: Causes, Symptoms and Treatment

Of course a special diet is needed, including veggies, fruit, egg food, generally food that can make the bird feel stronger. Hope that molting ends soon!
I thought their diet was ok, daily they get a little variety of kale, sprouted lentls, sprouted garbanzo beans, squash, broccoli, celery leaves. Checked out that link and lentils have high methionine and they get them daily. They don't really like fruit so they don't get any.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.