Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Kangaroo Whisperer
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys!
I am sure as some of you know I am really trying to get some Blue Cinnamons and fallows. I really want cinnamon in my flock, and have been emailing a friend of mine who breeds exhibtion budgies, asking her if she has any.

Below is the a quote from her reply and I was just wondering if that is true? I know some gentic gurus on here would love to give me an answer, and I would love to get one!

Thanks in advance
Sophie

I do have a beautiful green spangle **** who is split cinnamon and also split blue. That means if you put him with a blue cinnamon hen, you will get cinnamons, blues and greens. I really dont have any other cinnamon blue cocks. Actually, after reading up on some genetics, I am not sure that he is definitely split cinnamon after all. His dad was split cinnamon and his mother was definitely cinnamon, but that doesnt necessarily guarantee he is split cinnamon, so I dont know.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Any male cinnamon whose mother was cinnamon will have the cinnamon gene. If a green **** that is split for cinnamon & blue is mated to a blue cinnamon hen you would get about 25% blue cinnamons & 25% green cinnamons. But if the **** was also spangle half of your cinnamon chicks would be both spangle and cinnamon.

So the result of mating a male green spangle split for cinnamon & blue to a blue cinnamon hen would be:
12.5% blue cinnamon
12.5% green cinnamon
12.5% blue cinnamon spangle
12.5% green cinnamon spangle
12.5% blue spangle
12.5% green spangle
12.5% blue normal
12.5% green normal

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Nevs got it right. If you want cinnamon blues and greens, this **** is the one for you. You would want to pair him to a green cinnamon hen also split for blue.

·
The Kangaroo Whisperer
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How do you know if they are split for blue? Would I need to breed her? I have to cinnamon green females, one a YF Cinnamon Light Green and one a Cinnamon Olive YF. If I bred the YF like green to a double factor spangle, would that tell me if she is split for blue?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.