Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
just wanted to know, is there any such thing as an opaline cinnamon budgie? i have a opaline split cinnamon **** who i will breed with a violetsky cinnamon! what would i get??

·
Eternal Love
11,537 Posts
yeah there is such thing ;)
an opaline only refers to faint little to no stripes on the back of the head/neck so you could have a cinni at the same time

·
Registered
39 Posts
Cinnamon Opaline certainly does exist, I have a Skyblue Cinnamon Opaline hen. :p

Taking a shot at the outcome possibilities, as I only know the colour of the hen I will be leaving out the colour possibilities. This may be wrong as I am new to genetics anywho, it can't hurt to try. ;)

If you bred an Opaline **** split for Cinnamon with a Cinnamon hen you could get the following:

Cinnamon cocks split for Opaline
Cinnamon Opaline hens
Opaline hens
Normal cocks split for Cinnamon and Opaline
Normal cocks
Normal hens

You will not get any visual Opaline cocks, however they can be split for Opaline. Reason being; the hen is not a visual Opaline, and hens cannot carry hidden sex linked genes by my understanding, thus you will only get visual Opaline hens. You may even get some surprises! :)

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
you will get all greens split for blue/violet

all females will be opaline and males will be split

all females will be cinnamon and i think half the cocks will be too..and the other half will be split for cinnamon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.