Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is she a cinnamon, cinnamon greywing or a full body color greywing or something else?

Sorry if the picture is a little on the dark side. Trying to take a picture through the cage bars without washing her out... so yeah....

Attachments

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
How true is the photo color? She looks like a greywing in that picture but when I enhanced the photo on my computer she looked cinnamon.

G

·
The wing markings look irregular and patchy. Greywing markings are solid and uniform with grey colour.

I think yours is a cinnamon hen.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How true is the photo color? She looks like a greywing in that picture but when I enhanced the photo on my computer she looked cinnamon.
It's pretty darn close to her true coloring. Of course, I haven't held her under sunlight though because I got her home after dark.

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
the color of the markings are dark grey - Cinnamon is Brown not grey at all

I've never seen a grey wing or any form of grey wing(dilute Full body grey wing etc) with that dark of grey markings though

but I've never seen a cinnamon with that grey of markings either

cinnamon comes in many shades though but still never saw it that grey looking

Also when one is Cinnamon the longer tail feathers are cinnamon color , When its a grey wing they're Grey
yours has a full Navy blue tail

Do you know anything about the bird? where it came from? Did it live out side in an Aviary? The sun will Lighten markings it happens to a lot of people who have cockatiels outside all the time - the Grey area's will turn brown from the sun fading the color out and to be honest this looks like a normal With its black markings faded out

a couple of my cinnamon's

a couple of my Grey wings

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've never seen a grey wing or any form of grey wing(dilute Full body grey wing etc) with that dark of grey markings though

but I've never seen a cinnamon with that grey of markings either
That's my exact dilemma! I found her at my local petsmart so her background is a complete mystery. But definitely hasn't been outside in the sun.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The shade can be very variable on both mutations. To tell the difference between a cinnamon & a greywing look at the tail. A cinnamon will have a bluish tail & a greywing will have a grey tail. (The exception to this rule is if the bird is a grey)

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
The shade can be very variable on both mutations. To tell the difference between a cinnamon & a greywing look at the tail. A cinnamon will have a bluish tail & a greywing will have a grey tail. (The exception to this rule is if the bird is a grey)
so it's a cinnamon since the tail is a bluish color? at least it looks bluish to me

I'll have to remember that tail part I may of passed up some Male cinnamon's thinking they were Grey wings in the past :(

either way the bird is very pretty :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.