Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there such a thing as a cinnamon spangle, and if so, how would you breed one?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Yes there is such thing as a Cinnamon Spangle. The easiest way to breed on is to get a Cinnamon male and a Spangle female, and you'll have a chance of some Cinnamon Spangle girls.

G

·
Jen144, if you don't mind, I would like to add some more information about Spangles and Cinnamons.

Spangles (similar to Dominant pieds) will produce 50% Spangles when mate to a normal. Spangle is a dominant gene and budgies can never be split for Spangle.

Cinnamons are sex-linked mutations. Male must have 2 'X' chromosomes to show cinnamon visually. If one 'X' chromosome is present, then the male is said to split for cinnamon. On the other hand, for females, it requires one 'X' chromosome to show cinnamon visually. As such, hens can never be split for Cinnamon. If visually no cinnamon, then hen has no cinnamon gene in any way.

For your case, hermit_crab, to get cinnamon spangle, the hen as well as the **** must be visually cinnamons or the **** is split for cinnamon. Spangle can be produced in offsprings irrespective of sex types in budgies.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
A cinnamon spangle has brown spangle wing markings and slightly washed out body colour. If you want to breed one the spangle gene can come from either parent but cinnamon gene must come from the male (or both parents)

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
hi, i have 2 cinnamon spangle chicks, i used my grey opaline spangle (split blue & cinnamon) **** & sky blue opaline hen, they had 3 chicks, 2 sky blue opaline cinnamon spangles & a sky blue opaline spangle, i've attached pics of the cinnamon spangles! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts

This is a picture of my cinnamon spangle hen.Half her chicks would be spangle but none of them cinnamon but all males would be split for it if I were to pair her to a normal ****.the **** must be cinnamon or split cinnamon to get some cinnamon chicks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.