Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a question about cinnamon spangles. Those two are my favorite mutations then put them together and its like wow! :p I was wondering how you would go about to breed the cinnamon in the spangle markings. I am getting a male spangle dominant pied today and I have a cinnamon dominant pied female. But would they need to be a male cinnamon and a female spangle? I don't know, but that's why I'm posting this :)

Please any help would be great full. Thanks

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Hey,
I think you should have a split cinnamon **** or a cinnamon **** & a spangle hen will do :), I had a grey spangle **** who was split cinnamon, he was bred to a sky blue opaline hen & produced cinnamon spangle hens!!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
You would need a male that was cinnamon or that was split for cinnamon to produce any cinnamon chicks. So I would breed a cinnamon male to a spangle female. It's better if you don't have any other mutations such as dominant pied if you just want a cinnamon spangle. If you don't mind another mutation in there then don't worry about it.

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks :) Well I only have dominant pieds out of both. But the male is grey and the female yellow. I might be getting a male split and a female spangle. It would be in awhile if I wouldn't want the dominant pied in them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.