Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone please explain ...maybe even with photos, what exactly is the difference between a cinnamon and a greywing. Maybe it is my vision, but I really don't see how to tell the difference. With the reading that I have done, I am understanding that the cinnamon is a cinnamon-brown in color where the grey is just that, grey. But looking at different budgies, I still can not differentiate between the two. Are the body colors suffused in both a greywing and a cinnamon? Is this something that you need to have both types of colors right in front of you at the same time in order to tell? And please tell me that I am not the only one on here that is confused with this. I thank you, now, for any time you put into your explainations.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Greywing dilutes the body color :) Don't worry, I have a hard time telling a lot of the different mutations apart, too!

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
Cinnamon does dilute the body colour as does greywing, however there is greywing and fully bodied greywing, full bodied greywing does not dilute the body colour.
These are some of my birds:

First up a normal greywing, note the reduce body colour as it appears paler:

next up are full bodied greywings note the body colour is still as vibrant as normal:

These are some of my cinnamons:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Amelia, Thank you for posting photos so that I could try to see the difference. I think I am beginning to comprehend it.... at least a little bit more.:D

·
Registered
193 Posts
Oooh well in that case I have trouble telling cinnamon from normal. :p Tell me please, is my budgie cinnamon or normal or what? I'm referring to the green budgie, thanks!

Attachments

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
It helps to look at the cheek patches and tail feathers too :)

Cinnamons will have violet/lavender cheek patches and darker blue tail feathers. Greywings will have navy/blue cheek patches and more grey tail feathers :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.