Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to make sure if thses 2 babies are cinnamons. If they are it means that they are females? Mom is a skyblue and dad is a cobalt. He must be split opaline (1 baby is opaline) and split cinnamon (if these 2 are cinnamons).

Bird Hand Neck Beak Feather

Wood Plumbing Hardwood Wood stain Natural material

Bird Vertebrate Beak Pet supply Mammal

Bird Beak Finger Feather Owl

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Both of the babies are skyblue, but the cinnamon is different - 1 is darker than the other. Is that possible? Maybe the darker one is an opaline as well, If I remember correctly someone said that opaline makes the black on the wings darker. Isn't that also possible with cinnamon?

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
all that side of budgies totally bamboozels me :soconfused: :giggle:i just think they are beautiful very proud mom and dad :loveeyes:babies are stunning

·
Lil' Birdy Girl
3,790 Posts
Because they are cinnamon does not make them female. It is just a coloring. In the picture of the two birds side by side, the bird on the right is a male. The bird on the left seems to be a female, but i can't be sure do to the quality of the photo. One thing is for sure, they are both very pretty! (And cinnamon)

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Because they are cinnamon does not make them female. It is just a coloring. In the picture of the two birds side by side, the bird on the right is a male. The bird on the left seems to be a female, but i can't be sure do to the quality of the photo. One thing is for sure, they are both very pretty! (And cinnamon)
i have to differ from you. Cinnamon is a sex linked mutation. None of the parents are cinnamons - mom is a skyblue; dad is a cobalt. Hens can't be split for cinnamon- so if the babies are cinnamon it comes from the dad. therefor the babies must be hens.

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
The 2 in the nest appear to be both cinnamon the one on the right also appears to be Opaline but it could just be the lights or the angle they maybe both cinnamon. If they're markings are brown in person and not the normal black then they'd both be cinnamon Also with cinnamon the center 2 tail feathers will be brown.

the 1st pic doesn't appear to be cinnamon just Opaline

If its only dad with the Opaline and the cinnamon then yes Any visual Opaline or cinnamon are females

when it comes to sex linked genes Any you would get that mom does not have means it came from dad if he's not visual for the gene then you know he's split and it means babies that are visually any sex linked gene rather on their own or a combo of the 2 Will be females

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The chick on the left in the second picture (& in the last picture) is opaline cinnamon. The chick on the right is only cinnamon. They will both be hens.

The picture of the parents is not very clear but I think your hen is opaline. If she is the chick that is only opaline could be either sex

·
Member of the Month April 2011
5,435 Posts
I just want to make sure if thses 2 babies are cinnamons. If they are it means that they are females? Mom is a skyblue and dad is a cobalt. He must be split opaline (1 baby is opaline) and split cinnamon (if these 2 are cinnamons).
Is the first picture the dad? He is opaline sky blue, not sky blue normal split to opaline.

All the babies will be sky blue (no dark factors) or cobalt (one dark factor).

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The chick on the left in the second picture (& in the last picture) is opaline cinnamon. The chick on the right is only cinnamon. They will both be hens.

The picture of the parents is not very clear but I think your hen is opaline. If she is the chick that is only opaline could be either sex
Thanks. Thats what I thought as well, but I have to make sure.
The hen isn't opaline - just a bad picture. Here is another pic.

Bird Vertebrate Beak Parrot Pet supply

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.