Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

City of waters

5K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  milipidi 
#1 ·
I am back again, I missed a lot here, I was away for a week! Like almost every year, I went for a few days in Edessa- it's a city in Northern Greece, not so far from Thessaloniki. :)
Water is everywhere in this city

Above the big waterfall- you can see the tourists down there

The big waterfall

See less See more
#2 ·
... and behind it

This is a 14th century church

City centre and a statue of Alexander the great

One day we went outside Edessa, to lake Vegoritida :) there was an amazing cafeteria and saw this

Hope you enjoyed it! :) :ciao:

#13 ·
Thanks so much James! I love sceneries and Edessa is so watery and green! :D It was great, I am in Thessaloniki and I am still thinking about Edessa! :)

Great pictures Despina. What a really beautiful place.
Thank you so much Kate! I am glad you enjoyed it!

Those pics are amazing, especially the waterfall ones! I'm glad you had a great time there. :)
Thank you Ana! I am glad these photos made you feel like you're there with us! :D It was so nice!

Great photos Despina you have a beautiful country. I think I have the camera bug to go and take some photos of Bundaberg for all of you to see ill do this on the weekend. Love your photos.
Thank you Lyn! It's a really nice place with a lot to see! And of course, I'd love to see your place! I am waiting for this! :D

Thank you. This is not what I expected Greece to look like. I am more used to the pictures out of history books...
Thanks so much! Do you read about Greece? I am honoured! :D Nothern Greece is more "green" compared to Southern Greece and Kyklades islands of course :)

Despina,

Thank you for sharing your lovely pictures with us!

The waterfall is spectacular.
I've always loved waterfalls and have hiked several trails to see different ones here in the States. ;)

I love the look of the 14th century church. Do you know if it is still used as a place of worship?

The canals are wonderful -- I lived in a area with canals at one time and I so enjoyed it. I'm happiest when I can be near the water. :)
Thank you dear Deb! I didn't know that you love water.. I feel the same way about it! Every time I go to Edessa it's like my mind clears up and my problems dissapear! :D
This church is still used as a place of worship. In 15th August it was my nameday and people were going to this church!

Awesome pics Despina...thanks for sharing....:)
Thanks Randy! I am glad you liked the photos! :)

What a gorgeous city and amazing pictures. Thanks for sharing
Thank you so much Allie! I always love to share pics with all of you! :D

#10 ·
Despina,

Thank you for sharing your lovely pictures with us!

The waterfall is spectacular.
I've always loved waterfalls and have hiked several trails to see different ones here in the States. ;)

I love the look of the 14th century church. Do you know if it is still used as a place of worship?

The canals are wonderful -- I lived in a area with canals at one time and I so enjoyed it. I'm happiest when I can be near the water. :)

#14 ·
Hey guys, I returned with some more for anyone who wants to see... My fiancee brought them :)
One day we were walking across a canal and saw this baby sparrow. It couldn't fly of course and I couldn't leave it!

Then it wouldn't go out of my hand! Fortunately, one woman saw us and offered to take this little fella home and take care of it. God bless her!

This is a Roman bridge

and the place near it

Lake Vegoritida again

This is a cafeteria we went an other day

and then I saw these ancient ruins- it's supposed to be the city of Aiges

our place of vacation :)

#16 ·
Well, I am German, so Greece was mandatory history - up until Alexander the Great, naturally, then nothing much after. I used to devour Greek mythology as a kid.
So yeah, my 'exposure' is somewhat limited to the southern part (and Mama Mia ;))
I think I am putting it on my bucket list to visit!

And of course it's so much nicer to see it through the eyes of someone who lives there, not as a tourist.
Marvelous pictures. Thank you!

#18 ·
Oh my, such beautiful place of equally beautiful and natural photos. I hope you had a very nice trip with your fiancé and thanks for sharing it with us all. :hug:

Reactions: despoinaki
#20 ·
Thanks Deb! My heart melted when I saw this baby sparrow! He was really tiny and cute! The woman who offered to take him told that has taken care of many baby birds in the past, so that gave me a relief!
It's a pleasure to share my experiences with you! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.