Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:p I have cleaned all three of my cages today, they amaze me how dirty they can get over a short period od time??? Especially when Budget is out more than he is in lol. But I always feel so much better when they have clean paper, water dishes and food dishes. I'm sure they do as well because as soon as it's done they promptly go and have a drink, check out what is in the feed bowls and get stuck into the vegies. Budget is funny though as he is out I picked his cage up he immediately flew to the top of it and wouldn't move I carried it through the house with him there the whole time.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I love it when the cage are all clean! Boo just watches me when I clean his, and then once I'm done, he flies onto the door to get in :p

·
Registered
272 Posts
Its a good feeling when the birds cages are clean...
I do mine every day, with a good steam clean ever 2 weeks.

·
Registered
10,242 Posts
I used to have four budgies in a big flight cage, and the cleaning had to be done every day:eek:LOL. They made so much mess! Especially when I fed them cooked rice and egg, which they loved. And all the feathers :scare: Every month there was someone molting, LOL
I miss those little buggers though:(

·
Accidentally in love.
5,385 Posts
I agree, it's definitely a good feeling when the birds are all taken care of. :) My cages normally get a complete scrub down about once a week. I have to vacuum pretty much everyday, especially when they're moulting.

·
Registered
918 Posts
The paper on the bottom of Storms cage gets cleaned every other day (depending on how dirty it is). Perches get cleaned on the weekends, normally Sundays. Once a month everything gets soaked (except for the bells, not having another episode of that again) and steamed. When everything is nice and clean it looks AMAZING, then five minutes later its messy again :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
my budgies are so messy! I cleaned their tray and grate yesterday and today its already covered in poo! haha Bandit my cockatiel seems to be much cleaner!
I clean out my budgies water bowl every day because they love getting food and poop in it, whenever i put the fresh water in they often drink straight away or have a bath! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.