Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is Cloud and I'm stumped on her mutation. It reminds me of a saddle back because her head stripes are very sloppy and alot (ALOT) lighter than her body color. Please help I'm stumped. And if this is in the wrong spot someone feel free to move it :p

Sorry Really awful quality. Cant get much better when all you have is paint though :p See how her head stripes are so much lighter and sloppy, what is this?

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Hi,
I've moved this to the Mutation forum and reposted your photo. Can you zoom in on that photo? It is difficult to see her.

·
Member of the Month
4,269 Posts
I can guess for you, although everyone on this list
knows I'm usually wrong. I'd say cobalt blue opaline
hen.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow this thread is like, covered in dust........I want more opinions :D BUMPO ME UP

·
Registered
392 Posts
Opaline cobalt. i wouldn't say cinnamon but rather a brown toned feather because they are so dark and some are black.

She is very pretty! i love the white cere!

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
So you think she carries violet hmmmm? I hope that gets passed onto the chicks once she is in condition again :D
She looks bright for a normal cobalt in those pics which ususaly means they carry a violet factor. Does she not look violet in person? You would be a better judge of that being able to see her in real life instead of pictures which do not show violet very well :)

Violet is dominant so depending on if she is a sf or df violet half or all of her chicks would be sf violets regardless of who she is paired to :)

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

She looks bright for a normal cobalt in those pics which ususaly means they carry a violet factor. Does she not look violet in person? You would be a better judge of that being able to see her in real life instead of pictures which do not show violet very well :)

Violet is dominant so depending on if she is a sf or df violet half or all of her chicks would be sf violets regardless of who she is paired to :)
In real life she looks almost just like the picture but where the crop is there is also darker gray feathers :S

Its great to hear though her chicks will carry violet :D I have always wanted a very noticable violet budgie :)

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Okay then Cloud, stop tricking with me! :giggle: Now she is looking gray, thoughts?

·
Registered
73 Posts
WoW, what a surprise! Maybe, she is a grey split for the cobalt violet, and now is "covered" the violet for the moult...:) very beautyful, what about her parents?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
WoW, what a surprise! Maybe, she is a grey split for the cobalt violet, and now is "covered" the violet for the moult...:) very beautyful, what about her parents?
I do believe hearing her father or mother, one of the two, was possibly split for gray. But possible a split to full out gray is crazy!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I don't understand so much about genetics, but I believe that grey is dominant over violet (semi- dom.):eek:.
Maybe this is the reason for Cloud's color.
And I know one variety of grey that is recessive...
Sorry for my bad english, sometimes is difficult for me speakin' about this HARD things:p

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.