Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
got a second budgie today, couldn't help myself, I really wanted a male budgie and was a bit disappointed that Jasper turned out to be a Jazzy :D
I hope the two will get along as I don't want two separate cages ;)
Am very fortunate that a friend lend me her large cage and I can use it for as long as I need it :)
This is the new fella, not sure on his age, the lady I got him from thought 5 months but she has only had him for about a month or so and the breeder said he was two months old.
The thing that made her think he was a bit older now is that he already has a blue cere but he still has the baby bars though and the iris rings are developing but not there yet....

So is this boy (not named as yet, his name was June lol, don't like it) a cobalt spangle or violet spangle? And what is a cobalt violet, have read somewhere that exists too?? His colour in bright daylight is def. more purple like
Thanks guys :)

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
He looks like a sky violet spangle to me :)

Males get a blue cere faster when they are in a flock setting, there is no hard and fast rules to how old they are when they change, and I have had some 10 week old babies that were starting to change to blue :)

·
Member of the Month
4,269 Posts
Congrats on adding that very handsome fellow
to your family!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys and thanks Lindsey :)
So is a Sky Violet a double mutation?? Sorry I know nothing about budgie genetics, just cockatiels ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.