Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are hoping to get my 2 budgies a new cage. They currently have a Prevue Hendryx Triple Roof Bird Cage and I am hoping to get them a cage that will allow them to have some vertical flight. I would like to get them an All living things play top cage made for cockatiel but I would just like to make sure that a cockatiel cage is safe for budgies :D
thanks for you help

·
Exceptional Service Award August 2017
1,096 Posts
You just need to make sure of the bar spacings, you need up to 1/2" spacing, no wider.
I tried to look that cage up online but couldn't see any bar space measurements.
If you'd like to state your budget & any dimension limits, then other members may be able to help you search for other options.

·
Super Moderator/Member of the Month October 2015
6,793 Posts
Just as long as the cage is no larger than 1/2" bar spacing (that's also the proper size for tiels). Make sure the interior space is large enough too - no smaller than approximately 18"x30". Budgies are a very active species, so regardless of their small size, they need a lot of room to move around. Space in the length is more important than vertical height.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I meant a baby crib lol. Great I'm glad o hear a cocktail cage is adequate. I plan on adding a platform so the babies can rest

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.