Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics of the six...colors are not true in the pics, but will give an idea of markings

Part of all six show in this pic (left to right) In back part shows of Lemon, in front is Alissa, Fiona, behind her is part of ZuZu, then Sky and Nellie

ZuZu and Fiona

Sky and Alissa

Nellie and Lemon

Alissa - she looks yellow, but is actually very pastel green...feathers remind me of roaning on a horse...kinda yellow and green mixed

Any ideas would help - thanks....

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
my reply is in red above the pics

Here are some pics of the six...colors are not true in the pics, but will give an idea of markings

Part of all six show in this pic (left to right) In back part shows of Lemon, in front is Alissa, Fiona, behind her is part of ZuZu, then Sky and Nellie

ZuZu and Fiona
Male Yellow face cobalt Opaline Grey wing From what I can tell -Female Green Recessive pied

Sky and Alissa
Male Cobalt dominant pied-female can't really tell but looks like light green full body grey wing

Nellie and Lemon
Female on left - Light Green Recessive pied, Female on right DF dominant pied Can't tell what body color though

Alissa - she looks yellow, but is actually very pastel green...feathers remind me of roaning on a horse...kinda yellow and green mixed

Sorry can't tell it's all washed out

Any ideas would help - thanks....

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
ZuZu looks like a rainbow. Although his wing makings are quite dark he has very bright cheek patches and his body color is bright. His mutation would be yellow face opaline clearwing cobalt

Fiona is a dominant pied and she could also be spangle. She is definitely not a recessive pied

Sky is a young dominant pied male. His body color is either sky blue or cobalt

Alissa looks like an opaline greywing light green in that picture but it is not clear enough to be sure. She might be also cinnamon

Nellie is probably a double factor dominant pied but she could be a combination of pied types. The green showing high up on her body shows the dominant pied

Lemon's picture is not clear enough to be sure of anything. She could be a double factor dominant pied. She also looks like she might be a type 2 yellow face with a lot of yellow spreading

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for all that info :D .....I am a newbie at Budgie colors :budgie:

My son is deaf and is legally blind....he says that they are yellow and blue - oh to have life so simple (better in ASL to just have simple colors anyway :laughing: )

The thing I am learning the most is trying to get pics of them with their true colors :S :rolleyes:

If I do breed, we should have some interesting mutations to work with :cool:

I have a question Nev90....What is "rainbow" for the coloring? I had thought ZuZu was greywing....why do you say clearwing?

Thanks again for quick informative responses!

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
I have a question Nev90....What is "rainbow" for the coloring? I had thought ZuZu was greywing....why do you say clearwing?
I think your bird is clearwing because of the bright cheek patches and body color. The markings on many clearwings are a lot darker than the shade they ideally should be for the mutation. The greywing mutation would dilute the body colour and the cheek patches would be much lighter

Full body greywing is a possibility. This is a combination of clearwing and greywing. I think that your bird's colors are too bright for this option

Yellow face opaline clearwing with any shade of blue is classed as a rainbow

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the easy to understand answers :tb:

Here are a few more pics....

Lemon is very hard to get pics of as she washes out in them...This is Lemon

Alissa, Lemon and Sky (you can see the very pastel green of Alissa)

Another of Zuzu (could he carry Violet?...was told he might)...my rainbow boy wooohooo...Is he English?

Fiona on the top and Nellie below (just a note that Fiona's other cheek patch is white...is there a mutation that would create 2 different colors for cheek patches?)

Nellie and Alissa...Fiona below

Nellie and Alissa...Fiona and Sky below

Learning to get pics is a challenge, been getting better ones of the fast little finches :eek: :eek: But I won't give up :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.