Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty then there...I will post each pair of keets so hopefully I can know what to expect upon breeding them...

First, here are a few shots of the 4 new Keets, all are female except the green..

This is Charlie with Penny before..Luke looks just like Penny not pictured yet..

Charlie again

Ditto

LOL..Sorry, that green is Luke...WOW!! looks exactly like his mom :(

·
Administrator
55,523 Posts
They are sooooo beautiful!!

I can't wait to find out what all the mutations are. ;)

Thanks for posting the pictures -- I'll check back in a bit to see who's answered your question. :D

·
Banned
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Deb! Proud da da ..LOL

I never seen such colors before, love it!! I really like the one that looks white with the grey markings..But the other 2, wow! you can really see their color more when they are next to one another...Okay, and I gotta give some love to the green..LOL, he looks handsome too...:) CB should be helping out soon...I guess I should post some photo's of the others that I may pair them with..Just not sure yet since I'm keeping them far away and don't know how they will act with each other yet

Overall, I hate my webcam!!! I must buy a digital camera since this has defiantly turned into a hobby and I have a feeling my flock will double by 2012..YIKES!!!:eek: However, I can't see selling any of them..LOL I love them all too much!

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
Thanks for the pics Anthony! :)

Ok, your 4 new ones-

Pic 1 in the center- The one you like alot is a grey cinnamon opaline dominant pied.

Pic 2- I am afraid that one is a boy :eek: The other 2 look like girls, but he has a bright pink/purple cere like a young boy has. He is a cobalt blue opaline greywing :)

Pic 3 on the left- this little girl is a sky blue greywing normal :)

The green male is a light green opaline :)

Does Charlie have green on his rump i cant see it in the pics?

·
Administrator
55,523 Posts
Hip Hip Hooray!!!

I knew Lindsey would have the proper answers for you as soon as she saw your post! :happy4:

They all really are gorgeous and you should well be a proud papa! :hug:

·
Banned
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, this is Cappy, he is the son of Penny & Charlie

This is Luke to the right of Charlie, he has a blue tail, son of Charlie & Penny..I'll see if I have a photo of him alone and closer..

This is Tiffany & Jasmine, both the same, also daughter of Charlie & Penny...Tiffany will be with the new Green male, both have blue tails, Tiffany is the one on the left receiving the preening..;)

And again Charlie

Overall, I have no idea who will be with who yet...

·
19,551 Posts
Ok Charlie is a combination pied then, and is at least dominant from his babies outcomes :) Its hard to tell for sure when they have so little markings, breeding is usually the only way to know for sure most of the time :)

Cappy is a dark green dominant pied, possibly a double factor one.

Jasmine and Tiffany are dark green opalines.

Luke is a dark green normal :)

Was Penny a pied too? I cant remember at the moment I am having a brain freeze :p

·
Banned
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the pics Anthony! :)

Ok, your 4 new ones-

Pic 1 in the center- The one you like alot is a grey cinnamon opaline dominant pied.

Pic 2- I am afraid that one is a boy :eek: The other 2 look like girls, but he has a bright pink/purple cere like a young boy has. He is a cobalt blue opaline greywing :)

Pic 3 on the left- this little girl is a sky blue greywing normal :)

The green male is a light green opaline :)

Does Charlie have green on his rump i cant see it in the pics?
SIGH!! Your kidding...Oh boy, no pun intended..WOW, whelp, I guess I need two more females because I love that one too now..As for Charlie, no blue on rump, but I see some bum bum issue with the new boy that I thought was a girl..RRRR..No biggie though, I have the new on Doxyvit now for a few days anyways..Okay, so what does this all mean? I thought green was the dominate, so how would the babies look with the greywing females? One with Charlie, the other with Luke or Cappy, both Luke & Cappy are the chicks from Charlie & Penny, so you know their color...And what about the Green Male with Tiffany? Tiffany is also a chick from Charlie & Penny..How's that for a little homework? LOL

Also, how did I miss that chick being a male? how did you notice?

·
Banned
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok Charlie is a combination pied then, and is at least dominant from his babies outcomes :) Its hard to tell for sure when they have so little markings, breeding is usually the only way to know for sure most of the time :)

Cappy is a dark green dominant pied, possibly a double factor one.

Jasmine and Tiffany are dark green opalines.

Luke is a dark green normal :)

Was Penny a pied too? I cant remember at the moment I am having a brain freeze :p

I think you said she was a while ago..This is her going up the cage, she too had a blue tail..She had such a nice bright color!!! like her feathers glowed..I miss her..!

·
Banned
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hip Hip Hooray!!!

I knew Lindsey would have the proper answers for you as soon as she saw your post! :happy4:

They all really are gorgeous and you should well be a proud papa! :hug:
LOL..Feel like a little kid at Christmas...And now, I guess I will need to buy 2 more females since I farted out on thinking I had 3..Rats!

·
19,551 Posts
SIGH!! Your kidding...Oh boy, no pun intended..WOW, whelp, I guess I need two more females because I love that one too now..As for Charlie, no blue on rump, but I see some bum bum issue with the new boy that I thought was a girl..RRRR..No biggie though, I have the new on Doxyvit now for a few days anyways..Okay, so what does this all mean? I thought green was the dominate, so how would the babies look with the greywing females? One with Charlie, the other with Luke or Cappy, both Luke & Cappy are the chicks from Charlie & Penny, so you know their color...And what about the Green Male with Tiffany? Tiffany is also a chick from Charlie & Penny..How's that for a little homework? LOL

Also, how did I miss that chick being a male? how did you notice?
I wondered if he had any green on his lower back or not :) He looks like he has a little color around his neck and head so I just wondered if he had any on his rump.

Green is dominant to blue, but if a bird is green and split for blue they can have blue and green babies with a blue bird :)

The green male is a opaline light green like I said in my first post ;)

He looks like a male because he has a pink/purple cere instead of a white/blue one like a girl would have at a young age :)

·
19,551 Posts

I think you said she was a while ago..This is her going up the cage, she too had a blue tail..She had such a nice bright color!!! like her feathers glowed..I miss her..!
OK she is not a dominant pied- So Cappy is just sf dominant pied :)

So to recap here is what I think they are lol-

Grey Opaline cinnamon Sf dominant pied

Cobalt blue opaline greywing

Light blue greywing

Light green opaline

Charlie- Opaline(since his girls all are) recessive/dominant pied combo probably

Cappy- Dark green sf dominant pied

Luke- Normal dark green

Tiffany and Jasmine- Dark green opalines

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong everyone :)

·
Banned
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Well, that was easy eh??..LOL Cool!! Going to copy this to M/S Doc to keep handy!! Okay, I have a question..I always thought it was the Albinos that you had to have a pinkish/white cere to be sure it was a girl..So the greywings are the same? I thought for sure I had 3 females 1 male..And how old do you think they are? 6 Months is what I was thinking since no baby bars, must of had their first molt

·
19,551 Posts
Well, that was easy eh??..LOL Cool!! Going to copy this to M/S Doc to keep handy!! Okay, I have a question..I always thought it was the Albinos that you had to have a pinkish/white cere to be sure it was a girl..So the greywings are the same? I thought for sure I had 3 females 1 male..And how old do you thing they are? 6 Months is what I was thinking since no baby bars, must of had their first molt
With almost all young birds its the same when they are babies :)

Females will have a white/pale blue cere when they are young simalar to what they have when they arent in breeding condition.

Males will have a pink/purple more even color to the cere like your little boy has. Pink usually means boy :)

Do they have iris rings developing yet? It looks like they might still have some baby bars but they are very faint because of the mutations, atleast the 2 greywing look like they do. I would guess they are 3-4 months old or so. The green male I think is 6 months or older sinc he has no baby bars and the bright blue cere of an older male :)

·
Banned
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I guess the 3 greywings are 4-6 Months, nothing around the eyes yet, but the Green one does, very, very liitle..6-8 Months maybe? He still has HUGE eyes though

·
Banned
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Yep sounds right to me :)
Excellent!! Thanks so much for your help!! I guess I will head back to the Pet Store again next week to pick up 2 more Females..SIGH..<--Yea right! Can't wait! LOL...I really like these grey wings...I think the smart thing to do is to breed the male & female Grey Wings then..;) So really it worked out Perfect CB!

Thanks again for all of your help!

Anthony

·
19,551 Posts
Excellent!! Thanks so much for your help!! I guess I will head back to the Pet Store again next week to pick up 2 more Females..SIGH..<--Yea right! Can't wait! LOL...I really like these grey wings...I think the smart thing to do is to breed the male & female Grey Wings then..;) So really it worked out Perfect CB!

Thanks again for all of your help!

Anthony
No problem! :)

Did you get the greywings from the same place? More than likely they are brothers and sisters ;) I never breed birds I got from the same place together unless I know without a doubt they arent related as most times they are :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.