Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What color are these guys? The white has yellow mixed throughout with slightly more on the face and dark eyes. The dark eyes are throwing me off. Are inos born with red eyes and how obviously red? I could go shine a flashlight on her but with the aviary sunlamp on which is a fair amount of light her eyes look completely dark. Not even plum. As black as the other budgies. Red eye also did not show up with the camera flash which is usually a big problem when taking pics of diluted colors of any animal. I have to edit the pics of all of my blue and lilac rabbits for that reason even though they look dark in person.

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
The one is a Yellowface Skyblue possibly Cobalt.

As for the other one yes a Yellowface Albino will have red eyes from birth, if you get the bird in natural light you will be able to see the red eyes, however it may also be a Double Factor Spangle which will have dark eyes.

Could you ask the breeder what the parents are as we could say for sure then which it is.

·
~Crazy Bird Lady~
2,309 Posts
The yellow one is def. not a Creamino, it has to have red eyes. The only other two options are Double Factor Spangle and Dark eyed Clear. Once the bird starts to mature, if it gets iris rings and the cere turns a nice blue, it is Double Factor Spangle. If it does not get the iris rings and it's cere stays purple, it is Dark Eyed Clear. I'm leaning more towards dark eyed clear. http://www.***************/c_dec.html

The other baby is Yellow Face 1 cobalt, possibly sky blue, but I think Cobalt.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now I want to go back for the male who was the same color as the yellow face white. I'll annoy my husband a little and see if he agrees. :D

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The yellow face white bird cannot be a creamino unless the eyes are red. Sometimes red eyes are a very dark red so it could be hard to tell.

If the eyes are black and it doesn't develop an iris ring it is probably a dark eyed clear because it has an orange beak and pink feet. A double factor spangle usually has a darker beak & feet (but not always)

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We went back and got the other male and saw that they have lots of recessive pieds and clearflight pieds. I didn't get to see the parents cause both they and a pair of senegals nearby were on eggs. If I cross a dark eyed clear with a dark eyed clear do I get anything except more dark eyed clears? I'd like to get some recessive pieds but I don't think any of my other budgies carry it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.