Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The second pair Male yellow face grey looks a bit blue in photo but in person he is grey. The female in this pair is a butter yellow with grey pied. I really love her and would love her color and would love to breed pieds that look like her. Would I maybe get more like here from this pairing?

Attachments

·
The Kangaroo Whisperer
3,711 Posts
I think your hen is a YF Grey Recessive Pied... As for the male, I am not certain at all but he may be a Violet Grey, or any Blue for that matter... could you tell me what colour his tail is please?

As for getting chicks from them, you should get yf blue's and grey's, and depending on what the **** is split for, you could get cinnamon's, opaline's, or recessive pieds. Mum might be split for something as well...

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
He has blue cheek patches so he's not grey IF he looks grey in person he would be Mauve which is a DD blue - Other wise he has 2 dark factors there are 3 Blues - Sky blue(no dark factor) Cobalt ( 1 dark factor) Mauve( 2 dark factors)

The Female also appears to have blue Cheek patches which means she can't be grey either

a Grey budgie has Grey to Silver Cheek patches

P.S a tip on taking pics through cage bars put your lens on the cage bars and zoom in a little bit Then you can take your pic w/out the bars- It took me some practice to do it But If you look at my Siggy -Tweety Was in his cage and I didn't open the door to take the picture i shot it through the cage bars.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Blue, grey or silver cheek patches are signs of the grey mutation

A mauve would have violet cheek patches

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well looks like I may have some more information soon as to color of chicks the hen has been in the nest box a bit for the last few days and today I found an egg.

I am very excited,

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.