Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! :)
i have a question about Aztec's body colour, i did post a thread when i first got him (nov 2009) about his mutation.
from that post i got recessive pied, grey male.
well he is recessive pied and male, but i now wonder about grey?! as when i first got him i did notice a bit of blue on him, now that he is older im sure its blue not grey.
but im not sure if its cobalt or another colour, so if anyone could help me out is well appreciated.
Thank you.
pics
the first two pictures are really recent.

this picture is from june/july 2010.

please note some of his belly is wet in this picture, its also a little older than the the first three pictures.

if you need better pictures please let me know

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you, i do have a soft spot for him he is a hansome boy, i thought for a while i was imaging the blue, but i keep coming back to it. he is a clown, loves to play and he has a very hard nip for a boy.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Hi everyone! :)
i have a question about Aztec's body colour, i did post a thread when i first got him (nov 2009) about his mutation.
from that post i got recessive pied, grey male.
well he is recessive pied and male, but i now wonder about grey?! as when i first got him i did notice a bit of blue on him, now that he is older im sure its blue not grey.
but im not sure if its cobalt or another colour, so if anyone could help me out is well appreciated.
Thank you.
pics
the first two pictures are really recent.

this picture is from june/july 2010.

please note some of his belly is wet in this picture, its also a little older than the the first three pictures.

if you need better pictures please let me know
i would say grey reciessive pied,but i could easily be wrong :)

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you everyone!! i knew i wasnt just imaging it lol.
i have another question not sure if i should start a new thread (dont want to take up more thread space as i have too)
if i was to pair this **** with the hen in the first picture what would be the likely out comes. the hen is violet opaline splangled YF type 2
Thank you.

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
Looks exactly like my Mika and her son BonBon. They are violet grey recessive pieds :)
Just to show you so you can compare. First one is Mika:

and this is BonBon-her youngest son:

Regardless, he is one of the cutest budgies I have ever seen!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Well it would be great if we could see a better photo of the hen just to make sure that is her correct color mutation. But I will go off of what you have said.
recessive pied violet mauve **** x opaline spangled violet YFT2 hen
You will get ...
Normal and spangle chicks unless the hen is split for recessive pied as well. If she is then you will get recessive pied too. You won't get any chicks showing opaline but the male chicks will be split for opaline.
As for body color you will have mostly mauve violets but you might get a cobalt in there too.
And you will get about 50% YFT2 and 50% white face

Now keep in mind that both of your birds could be split for genes so you may get some surprises. Good luck.

·
Born2Bfree, bred2Bcaptive
2,887 Posts
This color mutation is called B E A U T I F U L
(Sorry, just could not help it :)

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thank you everyone!! for your help and kind words :)

Zeena, i have never thought of him as looking like Mika and BonBon (who i have always loved, well your whole flock-yours was the first breeding journal i ever read) but now that you say it and i look WOW he does look like them.

the hen Bonnie i do have some pictures of, when i got her (April this year) i put her pictures up here for her mutations, ill just try find that thread and add some recently taken ones aswell.

the tread, you can see in these pictures how little the yellow face has spread onto her body colour.

http://www.talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=53753

as she has grown up a bit the yellow has leached into her chest. also note how the yellow is now on her tail, and wing, where as in the thread it had not yet.
recent pictures all no flash. newer pics first to older last, from over the last 4months.

hope this helps out Bridget.

·
Registered
148 Posts
if he's mauve + sf violet + recessive pied
and she's sky + sf violet + opaline + spangle + yf TYPE 2
then...

100% cobalt

25% double violet
50% single violet
25% no violet

unless **** is split for opaline no opaline hens, all cocks split for opaline, no visuals
if he is split- hens 50/50, cocks 50% opaline 50% split

all offspring split for recessive pied- no visuals unless she's split then 50/50 again

50% spangle

yellowface is anyones guess without knowing the grandparents
but likely 50% yf2

grey could be 50 or 100%

Experts please feelfree to correct me if I'm wrong:eek:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you April, i will have to read it over and over to drum it into my head but i understand what you are saying.
I have no idea of these two's parents mutations, when i got aztec i wanted to pair him with my Opaline grey, split for recessive pied hen but i was interested to see what him and Bonnie(hen in pictures) would have.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Wow she is a beautiful little girl. I'm not positive on all the color mutations of the chicks but I think that april is about right. I would see what some of the others say as well. Good luck!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.