Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought this male budgie at a pet store. He was an adult picked up for free from Kijiji then sold to a local pet store. I don't know any details about him. He doesn't seem to show an interest in my females. Would he be too old? I also don't know what mutation he is. In the store he appeared to be grey. His tail feathers are a very dark blue. At home he appears to be bluish grey. Can anyone tell me for sure? Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
He is gorgeous. I love his color. Could be blue/gray.
How long ago did you get him? Perhaps you didn't know but he really should have been in quarantine from the rest of your birds for about a month. That's in case the new bird has any kind of illness that you don't notice.

He is so handsome. He'll get used to the others soon. He just needs time to settle in and get used to you and everything around him. :)

G

·
He is a mauve normal (double factor blue). Can't tell his age past the 1 year mark.

A handsome and beautiful budgie you got there. Congrats !!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Colour questions

I have a couple of other budgies that I raised but I don't know what mutation they are. The one violet coloured budgie is very light. I wonder if she has cremino - creamy colour in the wings, hard to get a good picture of her. I also wondered if she is a greywing. I wasn't keeping records but I think her mother was a cremino ( looked albino but a bit of creaminess in her crown only, very faint) & the father was I believe a very light blue greywing. I'm not knowledgeable about any of this. I'm starting a log book which will help.I'm hoping to learn from all of you experienced budgie experts.

The second query is same topic but the bird is a very nice blue with pale wing patterns.

I have a pair that have a gorgeous seafoam colour with creamy yellow, again not sure of the definition.

I also added another pic of my grey fellow for better identification.

Finally there is a pic of a female I call cobalt but might not be. She's a clearwing opaline as far as I know. Thank you for reading and for any help you can give me.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
They're all lovely and your new guy is verrrry handsome. Congratulations!

·
Administrator
55,569 Posts
Hi, and :welcome: Welcome to Talk Budgies!

I'm looking forward to hearing all about your budgies and hopefully seeing more pictures of them soon!!

This link will take you to the list of Frequently Asked Questions and lead you to information about how to navigate the forum, post pictures, etc.
http://talkbudgies.com/faq.php

Additionally, when you click on this link:
http://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=71657
it will take you to a thread with a list of the forum's "stickies".
The stickies are chock-full of information you may find useful! ;)

And, finally, this link will take you to a list of helpful resources!
http://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=79815

If you have any questions after reading through everything, please be sure to ask!

Looking forward to seeing you around the forums.

:wave:

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
the first budgie looks to be a mauve blue. You can always tell if a budgie is grey as the cheeck patches will be grey instead of blue and the same for the tail feathers. The other budgies i cant tell as the pictures are not working for me sorry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.