Talk Budgies Forums banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Question, @JennyKroll : I've been reviewing the photos. Of the two oldest birds, does the one that appears Cobalt Normal have a pied patch at all? If not, we can fine tune this a bit more and state that your combination pied hen is SF Dom Pied and SF Clearlfight Pied which would allow for Normals being produced. If that chick does have the semblance of a patch, then it is likely your hen is DF for Clearflight along with being SF Dom Pied.
I can’t see any pied patch at her.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I forgot to say, I did’nt keep the youngest ones with just a few pied feathers in the back of the neck, but the buyer promised to let me know the outcome if he will have chicks from them in the future, so I hope he will keep his word.

He bought both chicks with pied patch, and two chicks from another clutch, so I will know the background in his pairings.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
This is a follow-up on this thread that has been locked:

Combination of pied mutations? (On-going thread)

I now have 5 chicks after the same female as in the previous thread, but with an new male. The outcome is almost the same. It is one pied chick and one that look almost like a normal, but with a small pied spot in the neck. This makes me think that the female not is EF Clearflight and EF Dominant pied.

So my questions now is, can the Recessive pied gene affect the Clearflight gene, even if it is just split?
I’m thinking that if two recessive pied genes and one gene for Clearflight gives a DEC, then maybe one split recessived gene still can highten the effect of the Clearflight gene. Is that possible?

And another question, have anybody mated two budgies that just have this little spot in the neck, and what was the outcome of that mating?

The parents:

The chicks:

The now adult pied chick from the first mating:

41 - 54 of 54 Posts