Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that ErnieAngle think this bird is an Opaline. Do you agree?

Bird Eye Parrot Stock dove Beak

Bird Beak Feather Parrot Chicken

Bird Beak Accipitridae Feather Falconiformes
This bird is the result of a pairing between a Violet Opaline/RP (female)(pet type) and a Skyblue Opaline Spangle (male - show type).
They have 4 babies and 2 of them are quite big - including this one.
I think this is a lovely bird!

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep looks like a female opaline spangle to me :)

What would make you think it was not if both parents are opaline? :)
Oh crap See what you mean. I have done cage breeding with this pair, but something went wrong: there is a RP and a normal Violet in the nestbox! So the skyblue opaline spangle can't be the dad of those two! I couldn't understand why those two were so much smaller than this one and the 4th baby - an skyblue Opaline.

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
Oh crap See what you mean. I have done cage breeding with this pair, but something went wrong: there is a RP and a normal Violet in the nestbox! So the skyblue opaline spangle can't be the dad of those two! I couldn't understand why those two were so much smaller than this one and the 4th baby - an skyblue Opaline.
Ahh I see! So really the only one that can not be his is the normal violet right? :) If he is split for recessive pied that would explain the recessive pied, and this little one in question fits right in with the parents being opaline and the father being spangle... but not the normal from 2 opaline parents. These little guys sure do get around don't they :giggle:

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In theory that is true, but I don't think this male is the father of the RP, because he is the eldest baby. I think that the first 2 eggs were fertilize in the open aviary. It was a little strange that she laid so quickly after putting them in the breeding cage. Will give them a second round if the female stays in condition.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.