Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I thought Galdalf was a male dominant pied single factor spangle. However, because he has so little blue and his cere is still pink (or pinkish brown now) I'm wondering if he is a recessive pied....or if I got the sex wrong. What do you think?

·
Member of the Month
7,575 Posts
Well judging by the first picture, he still has his baby bars, so his cere would still be pink. So I would still say sky blue spangle dominant pied. :)

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He's older now than in the picture, and his brothers all have blue ceres now. That's why I was beginning to wonder. But he is still young enough that his cere may just not have changed yet.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Hes definately dominant pied. Dom pied spangle sky blue. Looks to be a boy, not all boys develop an adult cere quickly. He'll be fine :)

·
Registered
6,913 Posts
Hes definately dominant pied. Dom pied spangle sky blue. Looks to be a boy, not all boys develop an adult cere quickly. He'll be fine :)
In his case, what markings are telling you dominant pied instead of recessive?

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
He is definately a dominant pied spangle.

He doesn't look recessive pied but it would be possible for him to be recessive pied as well as dominant pied and if he doesn't develop iris rings and a blue cere this could be the reason

·
Registered
399 Posts
He is So beautiful... If you get another one like him, tell me. I will fly all the way to the USA and buy him from you :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.